+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White holes inside letters!

Unhappy White holes inside letters!

Hello Guys,

I have Xerox DC252 installed with Fiery EXP260 server, things are going perfectly except when I tried to print on Transparent paper;
    When I print any job on transparent paper, I notice like White holes inside the letters!
    That happens only on transparent, same job on another plain paper prints perfectly.
    the first time I thought it was the font, because those white dots inside the letters are perfectly aligned in the same place each time I print!
    Attached the res1.JPG: Printing result (scanned) and explanation at explain.JPG
    Please any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ayman.AlHakim; 06-18-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: White holes inside letters!

Hi there,

This sounds like a transfer problem, where the toner is not adhering properly to your transparent media. If the same file is printing OK on plain paper, then you can be pretty sure it's not a software issue.

I would recommend you speak with Xerox, and ask them for their RML (recommended materials list) for your machine. You might find there is a good transparent paper listed, that works well with your printer.

Regards,

wasabi

Ps. I couldn't see your attachments, they appear to be corrupted. If you have more questions about this, you might want to try zipping them up, and re-attaching them.

Thanks for your reply Wasabi, attachment is updated as .zip file
    Last edited by SharonH; 07-14-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Default Attachment problem

Unfortunately it appears there is a problem with attachments in this forum right now, as I can't open your file from a PC or Mac (and I've tried multiple browsers on each).

I'm sending a private msg to you with my email address, so you can send me the file.

Default Might be on purpose

I have seen on other MFP's that when the transparancy mode is selected, everything comes out with a cross hatch pattern on it, mostly in the fill areas. Manufacturer states that is the best way for the color to be shown on a transparency. I have never seen it on B/W, just color. Try running one transparency as a plain paper sheet and see if you still get the dots.

Default Now I can see the attachment...

I can confirm this looks like a fusing and toner transfer issue. You could try printing it on different media settings (plain, heavyweight 1, etc) to see if it helps.

Apart from that I recommend you speak with Xerox, and ask them if there is a good transparent paper which will work with your printer.

+ Reply to Thread