Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IMPOSE - right thing for me?

The SeeQuence Impose software is already installed as part of the Command WorkStation 5 installation. Even without the dongle, you should be able to select Impose for a job Held (and not yet ripped) on the Fiery. Without the dongle, the imposed job will print with watermarks; with the dongle, the imposed job will print without watermarks.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, The impose function does not appear on either my original CWS4or CWS5. Could this be related to upgrading the Fiery Controller from v1.1 to v1.2?

I had Xerox in today and they are providing a quote for the Creo Lite software?

Thanks
    Tahir

Just to confirm the Impose option was or was not working on your client with CWS4? Also the job you are trying to open in Impose on CWS4 was a PS or PDF job and not a PCL job?

Which version of Adobe Acrobat do you have installed on your client(s) running CWS4 and CWS5?

Hi Karen

48 Hours Ago.
    - CWS 4
    - Acrobat Standard 6 / Adobe Reader 7.0.8
    - Windows 2000
    - Impose Dongle
    - Not 100% sure what print drivers I was using
    - Fiery 1.1 Controller

Upgraded to
    - Fiery 1.2 Controller
    - Installed updated drivers on PC, EFI v.1.2 PCL driver

Then the impose function stopped working

I am trying to Add Printer and use the PS print driver that I already have installed in my PC, but the PC keeps defaulting to the PCL driver.

I presume it is the PC print driver that is the issue and I need to get a PS working on it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for you help.

Tahir

Yes, you are correct. Impose is not supported for PCL jobs which would explain why Impose is not an option when you select your job.

Recommend you try to download the PS print driver from your Fiery web tools interface.

TO ACCESS THE WEBTOOLS HOME PAGE
    1. Start your Internet browser.
    2. Type the IP address or DNS name of the Fiery.
    The Fiery home page appears.
    If the home page for the copier appears instead of the WebTools page, click the WebTools link.
    3 Click the tab for the WebTool that you want to use which is Downloads.
    The Downloads WebTool allows you to download installers (for drivers, PPDs, and other Fiery software) directly from the Fiery.

Thanks for the update Karen

When enter the IP address of the Fiery,the WebTools page appears, but I do not have the option to download the software. I may be automatically logged on as Guest. Do I need to login as Administrator to download the drivers. If so how I force login as the Administrator.

Regards
    Tahir

Managed to Install the PS driver and the Impose works fine with CWS5 and CWS4.

Will tell Xerox to hold off Creo Lite.

Thanks for the comments and assistance.

Tahir

Default Glad we could help!

Tahir,

That would be our recommendation as well!

Good luck, and I'm glad we were able to help you out.

Gary

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

You should really think about getting a manufacturer (and printer) independent solution!

In our business (copyshop, individual printing) the Quite Imposing Plus plugin for Acrobat saved us a lot of time and money. It does all the things, EFI's solution does and I think it's easier to work with.

The main advantage is that you can also use it when printing on large format printers.

... but that's just my opinion

There are certainly multiple options available to perform imposition for printing. I suggest, though, the most convenient ways to prepare and print imposed documents on the Fiery are to use either the free Booklet Maker wizard from Command WorkStation (and the print driver for more recent Fiery products) or the SeeQuence Impose paid option from Command WorkStation.

The Fiery tools can give you a better integration with the engine capabilities to automatically arrange pages the way the engine needs them for the mechanical task of printing, especially with in-line finishers. This gives you more confidence the imposed job will print on your particular print engine correctly.

Also, if desired, from SeeQuence you can save the imposed job back to your desktop for printing to another non-large format printer.

I appreciate the value of Quite Imposing for printing on large format printers without a Fiery, but when using a Fiery, I'd recommend the using the integrated Booklet Maker or SeeQuence Impose tools to get the best output.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast