Thread: Can I import my CWS4 presets?

Hybrid View

Default Can I import my CWS4 presets?

I has quite a few printing presets in my CWS4 -- I was assuming they would still be available in CWS5... but they aren't. Is there a way to import my printing presets from CWS4?

Thanks

John_S Guest

Default Presets from CWS4 imported to CWS 5

Unfortunately, you can not import presets from CWS 4 to the new CWS 5. CWS5 is not an update from the older versions of Command WorkStation it was developed from the ground up and each have a totally different code base.

Regards,
    John

Boy... wish I had known that...

Default Sharing CWS Job Property Presets

When the format of saved job presets changes it's normal to assume this is not supported anymore. Workaround could be:

- for each preset create an empty document and, from CWS 4.x, set the properties using the presets.

- connect CWS5 to Fiery which holds the CWS 4.x jobs, open properties and save them in a new preset.

l-

Whoa... hey there you go. Thanks for the work around!

I was going to ask this. I don't recall seeing anywhere that the preset format had changed!? It seems reasonable to expect presets to work just the same. Likewise the folder paths to our archive folders have been lost and will have to be reconfigured...

Would the development team consider creating a converter app to bring the old settings into line? Maybe it's not even possible but this sure is a pain, even with the workaround.