Thread: Problems with PC after CW5 installed

Default Problems with PC after CW5 installed

Help. I have just installed CM5 . Everything seemed okay except my USM flash drive was not being recognised. I turned the machine off & rebooted. Now I can't get past the BIOS splash screen. The keyboard isn't working. I can't go into safe mode. I have no idea what to do.

Running XP Pro SP2

Mick

Default Try BIOS setup

Try going into the BIOS setup to see what disk drives it finds. Ususally you press F2 or F1 as the BIOS comes up and then you should be able to find a menu in the BIOS setup utility that shows the disk drives.

I wasn't even getting as far as the BIOS. F2 didn't do anything. As it happens it seems to have recovered. I unplugged a few USB things & then put them in again in different sockets & it now works. Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem so I suppose it will happen again. Presumably loading CW5 was just a coincidence.

Default Would you mind?

Mike,

Good to hear you are back up. Would you mind if we editied the title of your post slightly, since it appears to be a conincidence? We would change it to "problems with PC after CWS 5 install"

Thanks,

Gary

Default What kind of drive did you install CWS5 on?

Good to hear that you recovered, but I am curious about your scenario. Did you install CWS5 on a USB Flash Drive, a USB Hard drive, or some other hard drive? Also, what kind of drive is your OS installed on? Thanks.

-Mike