Thread: New Fiery 6.3??

Default New Fiery 6.3??

I have an older copier (RicohPro C550ex) with an E-8100 Fiery rip
    I also have a newer (MP C6502) with a E22B Fiery Rip

will the new Workstation 6.3 work with both of my machines and rips?

I would hate to upgrade and find out that my older machine stops working

Thank you in advance

Hi JerryJoz,

The E-8100 Fiery is System 8r2. Command WorkStation 6 is compatible with System 10 and higher, so it will not be compatible with the older Fiery. The latest version of Command WorkStation that is compatible with the E-8100 is version 5.8 which is available on our download site at http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...-registration/. In the Application Software and Tools section, select Fiery Extended Applications.

This package can be installed on a client workstation that will connect to the Fiery. It cannot be installed directly on the Fiery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    Hi JerryJoz,

The E-8100 Fiery is System 8r2. Command WorkStation 6 is compatible with System 10 and higher, so it will not be compatible with the older Fiery. The latest version of Command WorkStation that is compatible with the E-8100 is version 5.8 which is available on our download site at http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...-registration/. In the Application Software and Tools section, select Fiery Extended Applications.

This package can be installed on a client workstation that will connect to the Fiery. It cannot be installed directly on the Fiery.
    Bob B,

Is there a reason the downloaded version of 5.8 cannot be installed on the server?

When installing directly on the Fiery server, the installer updates items that are available for download in Fiery WebTools. The updates that are included in the Fiery Extended Applications package that includes 5.8 is not compatible with the older Fiery System 8r2. This package can be installed on Fierys with System 9 or newer.