+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery updates

Default Fiery updates

Have 3 Ricoh C7100 series in a location. Side by side in one room. A couple weeks ago the operator had sent jobs to the machines to run during the night. In the morning the machines were in energy saver with the plockmatics waiting for more sheets. Machines were shut down in energy saver with no errors. They did not finish the jobs. Looks like they just shut down. In checking I found updates had been downloaded pretty close to the job run time. The update required a restart. Is it possible the Fiery's downloaded the update and restarted in the middle of the jobs ? They have been at the customer for a few years and have not had this happen before. Looking for a reason the jobs didn't finish with no errors anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Check if System Updates application on the Fiery server is set to ĎAutomatically download and installí (this is not the default setting).
    If not please tell us which updates did it show and where? Windows updates maybe (they can be triggered via group policy over the network).

I do have them set to auto download and install. Windows updates are not done automatically . One machine has done it one time since the post. I also forgot to say the job that is interupted is in the held Q. It shows as a unprinted job waiting to be printed. Does not show it had already printed up to 1/2 the job. The operator has noticed that one of the Fiery's will restart on its own. This Fiery does not have the link cable connected. ???

+ Reply to Thread