+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EX3100 Windows 10 updates

Default EX3100 Windows 10 updates

Hi :

I have a customer on EX3100 Fiery currently on Windows 8.1. They want to upgrade the Fiery to windows 10 due to the company requirement.

We have purchase the Fiery Windows 10 Media kit.

Is it possible to update the current windows to windows 10 without reloading?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Eureka,

In short I am pretty certain the answer is no - if you have purchased the new media kit or have downloaded the DVD 2 & 3 Win 10 iso images from EFI - you are prompted to insert DVD 1 & boot from it ( I am happy to be corrected ? ) but I cannot recall seeing an "in place" upgrade ? the choices are normally a new install or clone / restore from USB / Internal Drive etc ? also whilst your EX3100 / EX3100-P remains as FS200 Pro the Version does change from Ver 1.0 to Ver 1.1 - so I would imagine it will be a scrape reload.

It shouldn't be to arduous - unless you have oodles of archive jobs on the E: Drive....

Hope that helps..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

K.scottcanada is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor K.scottcanada is on a distinguished path

The Windows 10 platform is different than the older FS200, and looks completely different. I'm almost certain you would need to replace the server with the newer one.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Ken,

There is an optional upgrade path for Customers using the older style RIP's i.e. mfg code 7PA & 4PA EX3100 / EX3100-P which will take them to Ver 1.1 which is Win 10 - if you are lucky enough to have the more recent RIP ( NX Platform ) - that would have Ver 1.1 already on it - which can go up to Ver 1.2 - assuming IOT upgrade - The mfg cut in code is 4X7 & 4X8 for Ver 1.2.

Hope this helps
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

+ Reply to Thread