+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mojave & CPS 5.00.0.43 Preference Error

Default Mojave & CPS 5.00.0.43 Preference Error

Hi,
    Prior to today, I was successfully running CPS on Mac Mojave. I updated CWS via Fiery Software Manage and now I'm getting errors trying to launch the app:

08:35:18: can't open file '/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Fiery Color Profiler Suite Preferences' (error 13: Permission denied)
    08:35:18: can't open user configuration file '/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Fiery Color Profiler Suite Preferences'.
    08:35:18: Changes won't be saved to avoid overwriting the existing file "/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Fiery Color Profiler Suite Preferences"

I have tried uninstalling CWS... Same error
    I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling CPS... Same error
    Added "full disk access" for CPS in the Mac's privacy settings... Same error

Any ideas?

Hi Tim.

Please try manually deleting the file /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Fiery Color Profiler Suite Preferences'

Let us know if this works.

We have seen this on MacOS 10.13 and are researching it but have not seen it on Mojave.

Thanks for the reply Lou.

Unfortunately, I have already resolved this. I took the extreme step to reformat the Mac and re-install both the OS (mojave) and CPS.
    This fixed the issue.

It also tracks with your comment that the problem dates back to 10.13. For what it's worth... I originally upgraded the Mac from 10.13 to 10.14. Perhaps some legacy files from the upgrade are causing the permission problem? (Wouldn't be the first time a Mac upgrade caused some "wonkiness")

Anywhooo, Let's call this closed.

Default RE: Mojave & CPS 5.00.0.43 Preference Error

Thanks, Tim.

Sorry you had to resort to extreme measures but I'm glad it's fixed.

I wanted to let you know about our new Communities site. It will replace this forum soon so please register there and post any future questions there.

The link is <https://communities.efi.com/s/>. You can go to Fiery to get to the Color / CPS section.

~Lou

+ Reply to Thread