+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Presets disappeared!

Default Presets disappeared!

Where the heck did all my presets go? I suppose the driver updated to version 6.3.001.0 and now ALL my presets are gone. What am I missing here? (other than my presets!). This is NOT good.

erickp,

I'm not sure what happened to your presets, but an easy way to add them back is to open the properties of a job that ran with a preset in CWS, then simply re-save it to local or server, where ever it should go. This works for any jobs in Held, printed or archive queues. Hopefully this covers most of them.

Cheers!
    Shawn

Mystery solved. I just rebooted the Fiery server and they reappeared. I didn't realize that they reside or are tied to the server in that way.

Now that I got them back, how do I go about backing them up? I went to manage presets but I don't see an option to export. Any idea's? Thanks.

Default Give this a shot

I am by no means an expert, but I have backed-up/exported/imported settings using this method.
    This method works for me. It saves my (or my customer's) created presets for import/backup.

Hope the attached PDF is helpful.
    Attached Images

There are two types of presets - Local presets (on your client computer) and Server Presets (on the Fiery).

JeffZ is correct that you can backup the Server Presets from within CWS Device Center > Server Presets.

However local presets you'll need to grab separately. Attached is a truly ancient technote on where to find local presets for CWS5 and Fiery drivers, but it doesn't cover CWS6 and newer drivers. I'll go hunting for a newer version, but the locations are probably the same.
    Tech Note Backup Local Presets.pdf

In CWS6 you can export your local presets from within Job Properties, by select 'Manage local presets' and then 'Export All'.

Name:  Backup local presets CWS6.png
Views: 16
Size:  344.6 KB

Hope that helps!

G.

+ Reply to Thread