+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crashes and server exits

Hybrid View

Default crashes and server exits

Just curious, but does anyone here have experience with Windows 10 CW not responding A LOT and locking up windows in the process.. I mean excessively to the point it takes 30 or more minutes of reboots, shutdowns, and force quits with restarts before getting it anywhere operational?

And also with the server exiting spontaneously.

This entire system is so frustrating with all this. I've lost hours of production time on these issues and wondered if I am alone in this.

Again, just looking to see if there are any other operators out there having these issues.

Which Fiery model, and version do you have? RAM config?
    Are you referring to Command Workstation running on a separate Windows 10 client, or on the Fiery server itself?
    Have you called a technician to look at the problem?

3100 and updated

RAM is configured (if I read it correctly) all is allocated to the c: drive and none to the EFI section

No idea about whether it is running on a separate client or the server. How do I check that?

The systems analyst spent weeks out there a few months back. More RAM was added to no benefit, new hard drive was installed to no benefit, HD wiped and all reinstalled to no benefit.

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

I've seen a similar issue with an IC-313 attached to KM engine after updating from v2.0 to v2.1. The RIP would sit with the message "establishing serial communications" after the engine went into sleep mode. The only way to reconnect the Fiery and the engine was to power cycle the engine. After a couple of weeks of this the Fiery would never connect to the engine, it would go from "starting" to "exited". I reloaded v2.1 yesterday. So far things appear to be working, but only time will tell.

If I were in your position I would be calling that analyst again, as they clearly have not solved the problem.

I can't tell what you mean by '3100' as there have been multiple models released with a name containing those characters in different channels. Which print engine is it attached to?

Might be easier if you could attach a server configuration sheet, feel free to black out any confidential fields (IP address, email addresses). We can see all the server model info, patch info, etc from that file.

To save your server configuration, open Command Workstation, go to Server menu > Device Center, and select 'Server Configuration' on the left, then 'Save as...' PDF.

Hi DP,

I took a look at your configuration page you sent to Greta. If that's the complete config, then you are missing all Microsoft and Fiery updates. Please start with that and let me know if you situation improves.

Thank You,
    Craig

Sorry. I didn't include those pages. I do all the updates.

+ Reply to Thread