+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mailboxes/Fiery Templates broken on EX C70

Default Mailboxes/Fiery Templates broken on EX C70

I am working on a new (used) C70 It doesnt display the Fiery templates in the network scan tab, just a default template. The Fiery templates show in the scan tab on the Fiery button on the UI. They show in Webtools scan tab. If I create a new group/users with mailbox priv. then try and make a new scan template the mailboxes arent created. Everything else is functioning, printing wise.
    I thought maybe the mailboxes were corrupt like used to happen on the 242 Fierys. I reinstalled the system software and let auto update run all the patches and windows update as well.
    The EX shows Version 1.0_SP3
    on the back it is PRO-80-29
    R4A 105945
    Machine software is at 60.12.53
    I suspect this machine was used in a .EDU environment before I got it and they probably used a different scanning work flow and messed up the Fiery defaults?
    Any help greatly appreciated. I am in a rural area without Xerox service plan.
    Last edited by mprints; 09-24-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Have you got the second network cable connected between the Fiery and the engine? We use this connection to publish templates to the engine.

Also the Fiery and engine need specific IP addresses for this connection to work, I don't recall them specifically but I'm sure one of the techs on here can help.

G.

Greta
    I do have the crossover cable connected and have replaced it with a new cable. The machine has 100.100.100.101 the Fiery has 100.100.100.102 on the scan port and an ip for my network 192.168.42.xxx on the network port.
    Also I can use the Fiery scan 6.0 from a network comp. to connect to guest and it does not throw an error message and I am able to use the xerox SIQA application by going through the Fiery IP from a workstation, and on the Fiery itself, if either of those facts help rule anything in or out.
    Thank you
    Last edited by mprints; 10-05-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: additional info, again

I will add this: There is an answer posted by Randy_W in the thread "Smb scan and Color Cal template prompts for login and password" where he links a PDF explaining the correct settings for scanning. Can a mod please see if this same info is applicable to the C60/C70? link: http://fieryforums.efi.com/attachmen...1&d=1530928181

Default How does fiery scanning work

Can anyone point me to a simple explanation of how Fiery scanning works, as far as the templates showing up on the IOT and the scans getting to the mailboxes? That might help me understand this problem.

Hi mprints,
    When this happens, what I have found is that it is usually something on the engine side in Xerox CentreWare that is preventing the Fiery templates from populating. So, the first thing I do is I login to CentreWare to look for settings that may be causing my templates to disappear.

Here is something to try (note that the below steps are for the Xerox J75, so steps may be slightly different on a the Xerox C70):
    1. Connect to CentreWare Internet Services. CentreWare can be found at FieryIP:8080 or by navigating to Fiery WebTools and then clicking on the link to Xerox Color J75 Press Centreware seen in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
    2. Click the Properties tab and enter the admin login credentials when prompted.
    3. Go to Services > Network Scanning > File Repository Setup. Next to 'Default File Destination, click Edit.
    4. On my system, the default settings had been changed, so, to revert to default, I needed to enter the following:
    Protocol: FTP
    Host Name: 100.100.100.102 Port 21
    File Path: /home/template/fiery_template Login Credentials: System Login Name: template
    Note: do not change the password
    Click Apply
    5. Return to Services > Network Scanning > File Repository Setup. Remove any items found under Alternate File Destinations.
    6. Go to Services > Network Scanning >Advanced > Template Pool Setup. I found that the default settings had been changed here. To revert to default, I set the following settings:
    Protocol: FTP
    Host Name: 100.100.100.102 Port 21
    File Path: /home/template/fiery_template Login Name: template
    Note: do not change password
    Click Apply
    7. Go to the Printer UI. Click on Services > Network Scanning > Update Templates.
    8. Your Fiery scanning templates should now appear.

Again, note that the above is for J75, so the necessary changes may be slightly different on C70.
    For your C70, it may make more sense to simply restore your engine's settings to factory defaults.

-Chad

+ Reply to Thread