+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ripping Issue on same Fierys

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

Default Ripping Issue on same Fierys

Hi

We have X2 EFI Fiery E83's Rips.

We are ripping the same PDF file breaking it down with pages

EFI Number 1 E83 sees the page range of say 1-5000 and rips just those pages within two mins using 4 rips
    EFI Number 2 E83 doesnt see the page range entered for example 5001-10000 it sees the full pages in the file and takes like 1 hour to rip using 1 rip.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Not a lot of detail & asking for a lot of guess work ? when you say "EFI Number 1 E83 sees the page range of say 1-5000 and rips just those pages within two mins using 4 rips" - you mean the job RIPS utilising 4 x Cores of the processor ? however the second half of the job doesn't ? I'll throw a stick here & ask is the second half of the job the same or similar ? or, for example, has it been imposed or is a pdf/vt file ? this will greatly influence how the job is ripped ? also if both of the jobs are the same - try comparing ( assuming FS200 / CWS 6 ? ) looking in Device Centre ( uk spelling ) configure - look for "Printed Queue" & open out - on the new Fiery's with CWS 6 there is an option to save rasters with printed jobs - this will also put on an excessive overhead on processor throughput ? compare the two..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

ok to make it clearer hopefully!

Rip 1 is attached to a Ricoh C9110 and it is a model E83. I have dropped the same PDF file of 32k pages into a hotfolders that point to Rip (C9110) when i go into properties and change the pages to print to be 1-5000 the rip uses 4 core processors and rips just the pages selected int double quick time

Rip 2 is attached to a Ricoh C9100 and its is also a model E83. again i drop the same PDF file of 32k pages into a hotfolder to send the file to the machine. i then go into properties and change the pages to 5001-10000 however this rip uses 1 core processor rip and shows 1-32k pages and begins very slowly to rip though the pages.

i also run comman worstation 6 i will look when im in the office tomorrow to compare the settings on the two machines tomorrow.

I sent you a PM.

+ Reply to Thread