+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Calibration for Plain Paper Output Profile "too pink"

Default Fiery Calibration for Plain Paper Output Profile "too pink"

I have run into this three times recently, where I have had my customers reset the calibration measurements for their plain paper output profile back to factory settings in order to remove the pink color cast from calibration. I've used both ColorCal and Spectrophotometer methods to calibrate, and this has happened on 3 different Fiery controllers. Any ideas?

Hi Becky.

I have heard this reported before but we have never been able to reproduce the problem so we could find out how to fix it. Can you tell me the details of these controllers? Also, lets focus on the spectrophotometer case. What we would need would be some files exported from the calibrator when they first calibrate (and it works ok), when things go "too red" and calibration does not fix it, then when they reset to factory defaults and re-calibrate to solve the problem.

If you let me know the specific Fiery model and also the version of Command workstation (just if it is CWS 5 or CWS 6 is enough) then I can tell you how to collect these files for us to look at.

Thanks.

~Lou

Hi Lou,

The Controllers are: Canon imagePASS P1 (FS200) and Ricoh E-22B (FS100).

Two P1's are experiencing this issue and both clients are running CWS 6.2.

The Ricoh customer is running CWS 5.8.

+ Reply to Thread