+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Print Order from Hold Queue Question

Default Print Order from Hold Queue Question

We are using Command WorkStation 6.2.0.48 running a Xerox Versant 180.

The question is, if I have 5 jobs named 1,2,3,4,5 and they are sent to the hold queue of the printer from the user at their desk in the order of 4,3,1,2,5. Now no matter how we sort it, it prints in the order the jobs were received (ex. 4,3,1,2,5). We want it to print in the numerical order 1,2,3,4,5.

Does someone know how to get it to print, in the order it is sent to printer from the hold queue?

I went into the server configuration and turn on and off sequential printing but that seems to have no effect.

Thanks.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Oh I struggled with this and found no good answer, even using JobFlow's collect module.

I did find something that works, however, and you'll have to decide if it works for your workflow. If you create a Fiery Hot Folder, and then you copy (from a source folder, be it local or on a network drive) and paste (to the Fiery Hot Folder), they will print in name order.

That is all I have found that you can rely on, and I worked with my EFI SDM at length on this.

Good luck!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Technically - CWS6 is working as per design spec, i.e the order in which jobs are received is the way they are printed - that said, it hasn't stopped several of my Customers moaning about this same thing. Potentially there is a solution in the future - In the first instance I would raise a software ticket into Xerox for onward review by EFI - that way when a solution is made available you'll get it before it goes out on general release.

As a workaround in the short term - you can try Steve0 suggestion or alternatively install CWS 5.8.0.100 on a separate client from the EX180 & connect to the 180 ( The NX Platform - I am guessing you have ? doesn't support CWS 5.8 being installed on it ) & use that when you want to sort / list / order jobs - that will fix the problem you are seeing - it worked well for my Customer.

Hope that helps.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

+ Reply to Thread