+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wasting time on multiple startups

Default Wasting time on multiple startups

Hi,
    I am running Fiery 6.2.0.133 SPI with a Xerox Versant 180. For some weeks now it takes forever to startup the fiery, most days anything up to 30 minutes with numerous attempts and most recently when it does start up I have no access to anything in the menus, i.e. Properties gives no options. A Xerox engineer told me last week that he has had others asking about the same problem. Any solutions would be appreciated.
    Paul

We are seeing 5-8 Fiery systems (Versant 180 that slows down to a near halt .... it takes forEVER to restart Fiery Server and if its been running for a hours just opening a taskmanager can take up to and around 2 mins .... Its horrible.

Also seeing that some of our customers have suddenly massive entries automatically created in papercatalog ...
    Talked to some Xerox Techs who are trying to figure out what happens... but no luck.

Many suggest installing extra RAM and SSD but truth be told we've sold our customers a complete system but a 'build a bear' ...

AndersJensen, what Fiery system software versions are running on these Versant 180's?

Version 1.0, 1.2, or a mix of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    AndersJensen, what Fiery system software versions are running on these Versant 180's?
    Version 1.0, 1.2, or a mix of both?
    Hi Scott

Unfortunately I don't know , as they hav been setup over the past year and 2 of the servers have been reinstalled by Xerox Techs ... But I can find out and get back to you asap.

We are working on this issue...will update this post soon

We will be releasing a patch to Xerox tomorrow to fix this issue. It will be patch ID FIT101858351. It will resolve the issue on the Xerox EX180 v1.0. It normally takes a few weeks to be approved and made available to download.

We have those problems too. Hope that patch wil be here VERY soon. Everything is slow...EFI starting, properties, impose, touchscreen is living her/his own world, etc, etc. Expensive machine is almost useless!
    Our paper catalog is also HUGE. Total 4479 and they are automatically created. There should only be under 10 papers.

Quote Originally Posted by pVeli View Post
    We have those problems too. Hope that patch wil be here VERY soon. Everything is slow...EFI starting, properties, impose, touchscreen is living her/his own world, etc, etc. Expensive machine is almost useless!
    Our paper catalog is also HUGE. Total 4479 and they are automatically created. There should only be under 10 papers.

Cleaning papercatalog made our computer so much faster. Try that first!

+ Reply to Thread