+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verification fails after creating Device Link

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default Verification fails after creating Device Link

Hi!
    I'm using my KM C71hc (IC 308 v2.1 SP2) to do Validation prints against PSO Coated (Fogra51) using Silk paper. Normally, the verification of the Fogra 3.0 wedge is fine and I get a "success". Now I thought I could improve the quality even more by using the Device Link feature of CPS 5.0.0.28:

I've printed and measured (using a KM FD-9 in M1 mode) three iterations, let CPS build the Device Link profile and printed a verification sheet. But the results were quite disappointing: The Delta Ch values raised to 3.0 (vs. 2.3-2.5 without Device Link) and the Delta H value (CMY-RGB difference) even raised to 7 (in contrast to 3 w/o Device Link).

Shouldn't the Device Link feature improve the overall match quality?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Hi Oxident,
    Would it be possible to share the screen shot of measured values after reading the device link patch page.
    In some cases it takes more iteration to achieve the expected delta values. You could also try using a different patch layout.

And, very curious to know;
    How did you get CPS 5.0.0.28?
    The released version of CPS 5.0 is 5.0.0.43 , hence the question.

Thanks
    Anshul
    Last edited by anshulv; 08-12-2018 at 08:22 PM.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Hi Anshul,

thanks for your reply. Yes, you're right. I was using 5.0.0.43. A KM tech once gave me the older version (might be out of a beta or Fiery XF release, not sure) because of connection problems with our FD9 measurement device. But my problem refers to the current release.

I've did three iterations and every measurement resulted in a slight improvement of the DeltaE values. The last improvement was < 1, so I decided to stop here and check the results. The chart layout was always CGATS (1618 patches).

Please see the attached files for the entire Verifier result report. "Without DeviceLink" was measured just before starting the process and "after DeviceLink" afterwards. I've also found two files containing the raw measurements (before and after):
    without DeviceLink.pdf
    after DeviceLink.pdf
    IT8.zip

Here are the relevant sections:

Without DeviceLink
    Name:  beginning.PNG
Views: 13
Size:  24.3 KB

With DeviceLink
    Name:  DeviceLink.PNG
Views: 12
Size:  24.5 KB
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread