+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KM C1085 / Fiery Rip Communications

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

All good since I last added to this thread. No Communication drop outs, no problems with the Fiery going slow, everything working perfectly for about a week and a half. We did a Test and Tag of all the electrical devices, cords and powerboards yesterday and everything was passed in good working condition.

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

Fiery Crash. No error messages. Printing a job 51 x SRA3 sheets duplex, 150gsm, printed 47 sheets and the Fiery Crashed. Have previously run 7 jobs previous to this one with no problems. The C1085 just stop printing and goes into standby because there is no signal from the Fiery. The Fiery freezes so it push the button on the front of the fiery to stop it and wait 10 seconds and push button to start. Once this was done I printing again.

We did another alteration to C1085 earlier today before the Fiery Crash. We removed a phone that was sitting on top of the C1085. This is a phone connected to a PABX system, but it is not anymore. So the only connections to the C1085 and the Fiery are ones required to make both units work.

There is a suggestion we Double Earth both the C1085 and Fiery, apart from that I can't think or anything else to check. Today's Fiery crash was a quick one, about 10 mins I was up and running again.

I've uploaded 30 times the Fiery has Crashed to our Service Agents here in Aus today in form or photographs that I kept of the crashes on the C1085 and Fiery screens. There are many more crashes but these were sent SMS to a Service Manager and there is no record kept after 2 months on SMS. I will continue photograph and send the photos to Service agents and report on here each time the Communication Error occurs resulting in a Fiery Crash every time.
    Last edited by Baldbug; 09-17-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Here is a link to the First EFI Fiery Forum Thread I posted in 2016.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/archive/i...p/t-6084.html?

We are having the same problem with the New Fiery Server we had with old Fiery Server.

Surely the new Fiery Server doesn't have the same problem as the old Fiery Server??

There are NO Errors recorded in the Fiery Crash Log.

Team Viewer was installed today, so when the next mis-communication occurs we are to notify Tech Support for them to view what has occurred.

The Job Log Register was emptied of its 10,000 odd entries and only has 79 entries built up since when it was emptied. There are no Communication Errors, no C1085 or Fiery problems. Today we did a run of 2000 Raffle Tickets individually numbered in the pdf so 2,000 pdfs imposed 3 up by the Fiery making 666 page print file. The Fiery just did what it was supposed to do and ripped the job and the C1085 printed the job. All good at the moment with no more Communication Problems occurring at this stage.

Another week on, no problems at all from the Fiery. Some part replacements on the C1085 due to time. The Fiery is running perfectly with not one problem or miscommunication on any job this last week gone by.

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

the last time i had a similar issue it was because every job that we had put through our fiery had cached on the machines as a temp file. once we deleted these everything was fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2