+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KM C1085 / Fiery Rip Communications

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

Default KM C1085 / IC-308H - V2.1_Sp2 Fiery Rip Communications

Hi Everyone,
    I thought I might start this thread up again about my KM C1085 and my Fiery Rip. If you can remember we had problems and that I came on this forum and asked about. Then after all the components in my original Fiery Rip were replaced except the outside Fiery Steel Box case.
    Then the decision was made to supply a brand new Fiery Rip with FS150Pro and Fiery IC-308 v2.0 Upgrade were supplied and has been in use since the changeover.
    Everything was fine for a fair while only with intermittent Communication Errors but these have slowly escalated up to it happening every week now.
    So the original problem still happens every week. Its either the Fiery loses contact with C1085 or the C1085 loses contact with the Fiery.
    To regain communications between the 2 devices can take up 30 minutes.
    I did hear that this type of problem has only ever happened in 2 Fiery/KM machines in Australia and ours is one of them.
    Today there was no Error Code or warning that communication had failed, usually there is a message "Unable to connect to (C1085). The server name or IP address may be invalid" and this happens usually part way through a print run, or like today there was no error message we had to suss out what had happened which was loss of communication again.
    The pic below shows the C1085 Ready to print and the other pic shows the Fiery with one job in the print Queue waiting. There are no error messages, both machines will sit all day like this if we leave them.

Also another problem which I think linked to the above problem is once the Communication between the 2 devices happens or occurs there is a lag in speed the Fiery generates the image for the monitor, this usually starts with the spinning blue lifesaver cursor and a blank screen followed by the slow build of the screen image starting with structure of the page i.e. the lines, rules etc then we finally get full screen image ready to use.

I've added a couple pics, one of the screen image rebooting slowly and one of the ip address and capacity left on drive.

Name:  ss4.png
Views: 249
Size:  641.6 KBName:  ss3.png
Views: 249
Size:  244.4 KB
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Baldbug; 09-17-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Baldbug is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Baldbug is on a distinguished path

Fiery ran good yesterday, no lag or spinning blue cursor. Only a few colour jobs and a Horse Race Programme of 44 pages all ripped and printed with no issues.

Our Fiery received a checkup from our Service Contract Technician today to make sure all software for the pc and Fiery are up to date. Everything seems as it should be.

So we printed one job this morning, SRA3 colour both sides with no problems from Fiery or C1085. Next job was started but there a Complete Failure in communications with no error messages, both devices decided to stop communicating with each other. 15 minutes later after a Reboot of both devices and both devices are back communicating with each other.

I've added another picture of a Dialogue Box that comes up when we reboot from Communications Failure. This dialogue box comes up every time we do a reboot. It doesn't seem to have any effect if check YES or NO, the same dialogue box comes up with every reboot.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

That's definitely a tough one. First of all, the confirmation dialog you're seeing after reboot is harmless. It's just the CWS updater asking for admin permissions. You could turn off Windows UAC in order to get rid of it.
    The loss of communication however is a more complex issue. There are a few things which come to my mind:

- Did you upgrade the Fiery's amount of RAM? I known that the IC-308 reserves a certain amount of memory at boot time. If it fails to do so (either by misconfiguration or upgraded RAM size), I've seen exactly the same issues you're facing.

- Sometimes, the Fiery Server service crashes. This could be the cause when you receive those "Connection failed" messages in CWS. Try to look at the "EFI Fiery" service by running "services.msc". It should be in a "Running" state.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Thanks for your message, I will give it to the Service Manager who looks after our machine.

We have done some checking and decided to get the Earth to Ground checked and Earth to Ground and found Good Continuity to Earth.

However our Electrician said the phone cord for the phone we have on top of the C1085 was contacting the back of the C1085 and running through or touching the where all the main cable group is on the back of the C1085. There is a cover for those cables but it is not installed and laying on the floor, which is now logged as job for our Support to come and reattach.

He also isolated the main BUS cable from the Fiery to the C1085 so no other power cables were in contact with it.

He also isolated the Network Cable away from all other electrical and main C1085 to Fiery cable.

We can only wait and see if there is any improvement.

Hi Everyone,
    Just continuing the Blog.
    Last Thursday there was a Communication Error where the Job that was printing would print 1 x SRA3 Double Sided Sheet (both sides printed) and then pause for 6 seconds and then run another sheet, then pause and so on until we did a Reboot of Both Devices. After that everything was back to normal.

Last Friday more problems, the C1085 was printing jobs (only short run jobs), and the Fiery was being used to generate the next job to print when Communication Errors kicked in again with the C1085 printing coming to a halt and the Fiery not responding.

Today was a bit different. We have no internet connection. The NBN system we have has failed and it will take 24 to 48 hours to get a Technician to go to node and check what is wrong.

Anyway we can talk with our QNap job in house server and all in house printers but we can't get access to our 308 Fiery on our network. So all jobs today were done by loading jobs onto a USB stick device and manually loading for the usb stick via the usb connection on the front of the Fiery Server.

My Question is why doesn't Fiery work on our home network when everything else does???

Only 5 pics allowed on the whole thread so I deleted one and added the screenshot of the IP Address problem today.
    Last edited by Baldbug; 08-28-2018 at 11:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast