+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archive Manager

Default Archive Manager

Anyone had any problem migrating their archived jobs to the new archive manager? I started the migration before I left for the night and it was still at 0% the next morning. Tried it on both the Fiery server (E43A) and on my workstation. Trying to cancel both times caused the CWS and the FIery to become unresponsive. First time I tried to cancel I left it to try and respond for 4 hours. Ended up having to do a hard reset. I am running the latest version of CWS 6.2, and have 50-75 jobs in my archive queue to migrate.

Suggestions?

1. that shouldn't happen

2. reboot the server before trying again

3. if still an issue, are you up for a webex? We can take a look at your system.

Restarted the server. Still freezing when migrating. Talked to my Ricoh support technician. He suggests I pull all my jobs from the archive queue to the hold queue, clear the archive queue then try again. A few of my archived jobs are in the gigabyte size range so that may be causing the hangup.

If that doesn't work, we can do a webex.

Yes files which are multiple gigabytes in size will obviously take longer, but still should not hang CWS or the server (especially seeing you said you left it for 4 hours). Are your archive jobs including rasters?

Are these large jobs on a remote folder or computer? And how fast is your remote connection to this folder?

We tested large files during our Quality Assurance testing of this feature, so I'm concerned that you've found a scenario where it's not working as it should.

If you're still open for a webex (even before you've tried other things) I'd really appreciate it, so we could nail down this issue, and ensure it doesn't affect other users. Just private message me with your email address and timezone (and agreeable time windows where a webex works for you).

Or if not, could you please take a screenshot showing the large jobs in CWS, showing the following columns in CWS - Archive Location, File Size, Job status.

I appreciate your co-operation and patience

G.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 07-19-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Got it to work. It was the large jobs which were causing the hangup. Migration took 2 seconds once I cleared the archive queue. I had 3 jobs which were each 1.6, 2.1, and 0.94 GB. Those each took about 30 minutes to archive to the archive manager once it was setup and active.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Yes files which are multiple gigabytes in size will obviously take longer, but still should not hang CWS or the server (especially seeing you said you left it for 4 hours). Are your archive jobs including rasters?
    About half of them did contain the rasters, including the large 1.6GB job.

Are these large jobs on a remote folder or computer? And how fast is your remote connection to this folder?
    No, all these jobs were stored on the Fiery. I loaded them direct to CWS on the Fiery from a USB thumb drive originally. Our intranet connection between the Fiery and my workstation is 100Base-T

We tested large files during our Quality Assurance testing of this feature, so I'm concerned that you've found a scenario where it's not working as it should.

If you're still open for a webex (even before you've tried other things) I'd really appreciate it, so we could nail down this issue, and ensure it doesn't affect other users. Just private message me with your email address and timezone (and agreeable time windows where a webex works for you).

Or if not, could you please take a screenshot showing the large jobs in CWS, showing the following columns in CWS - Archive Location, File Size, Job status.
    I appreciate your co-operation and patience

G.
    I am good with a webex even though we found a workaround. I will PM you my email address. I am in the Pacific DST Timezone. So anytime between 11:30 and 17:00 PDT is agreeable to me.

Thank you for the reply and troubleshooting. I wish your Fiery Go sub-forum techs were this prompt.

Glad to hear it's working now. No need for a webex seeing you've finished migration already.

'Thank you for the reply and troubleshooting. I wish your Fiery Go sub-forum techs were this prompt.'

We don't actually have dedicated techs for the forums, as we have a non direct service model - all Fiery server support is handled through our OEM partners. When you pay for your service agreement on your printer engine you're also paying them for support on your Fiery server, and EFI in turn supports our OEM partners.

I'm not even a tech myself, I'm the Product Owner of Command Workstation.

However I'll get one of our Fiery Go team members to contact you via private message.

+ Reply to Thread