+ Reply to Thread

Thread: text changing during RIP?

Default text changing during RIP?

Is there anything in the process of the fiery ripping a variable data job where it would either exchange characters in text for other characters (e.g. changing an 8 to a 7) OR take a solid character and change it from solid black to white with a stroke (e.g. a solid 0 with come out as a stroked 0 with the back ground color coming through instead of a solid black fill?

If you process and hold the job, then open it in ImageViewer, do these problems show up there?

when the job is processed and previewed it shows the text as it is supposed to be

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Maybe some engine "enhancements" are the cause. These functions modify the print router after it has been processed by the Fiery. On our KM printers, this often causes similar problems. Try looking for "enhance outlined text" or similar in the job properties.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

You haven't posted which model of Fiery and engine that you have, please let us know.

I'm with Oxident, there could be an engine side text enhancement feature kicking in.
    Could you try disabling all items in the Image Quality tab of Job Properties that have the word 'text' in the name?

Let us know how it goes, we're curious now...

Sorry for the falling out of touch. Off last week and catching up with work/maintenance this week. Will do as suggested and see where it goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Maybe some engine "enhancements" are the cause. These functions modify the print router after it has been processed by the Fiery. On our KM printers, this often causes similar problems. Try looking for "enhance outlined text" or similar in the job properties.

Do you mean in the fiery or on the actual imagepress. I see nothing in job properties about enhancements.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Indeed I've meant the job properties. But maybe Canon doesn't expose them to the Fiery so they might be located directly on your printers control panel. Sorry, haven't used Canon machines since CLC1150 ;-)
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

@dpfiery

I sent you a private message requesting more info. If you can provide us with a file that shows the problem, I'll find someone with the same engine to test it out.

I'll look when the canon is back up and running. It's down for maintenance this week.

+ Reply to Thread