+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant beeping from EX-P 3100

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default Constant beeping from EX-P 3100

I have someone here in the print room with very sensitive hearing and they are complaining about the constant beeping from the EX-P 3100. I can only hear it if I stick my ear to the back on the Fiery but that can hear it across the room.

Is there anyway to disable the constant beeping?

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Call Service. This is definitely not normal.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

If it is a constant beep - it is a hardware issue with the Fiery - just had exactly the same on an EX1000i turned out to be one of the processor fans intermittently stopping that is when it beeped.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

How loud was that beep. I can't hear it unless I put my head to the back of the fiery. But like I said others can hear it across the room.

Checked all connection on motherboard and reseated them especially the CPU fans. Now no beeping.

Please pull the cover and check to see if the fans are spinning on the CPU.
    Thanks,
    Craig

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Glad it worked - if the beep comes back - I would follow Craig's post & look at the Processor Fans - mine was intermittent - beep then not, but was able to catch it within a "beep" moment - fault finding was pretty obvious once I did a quick look inside..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    Please pull the cover and check to see if the fans are spinning on the CPU.
    Thanks,
    Craig
    There definitely spinning now.

+ Reply to Thread