+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9x11 tabs dropping tab text entirely (JobMaster, CWS6)

Default 9x11 tabs dropping tab text entirely (JobMaster, CWS6)

On CWS 5.8 I had setups for regular convert to tab (for 9x11 pages) and shift tabs (for 8.5x11 pages that needed to move to the right to make text on the page print on the tab). In CWS 6, this isn't working. I had to make the tab stock 8.5x11 (no options for 9x11). Now when I convert a 9x11 page to tab any thing farther than 8.5" from the left edge disappears.
    Any ideas of settings I may need to adjust or a reason why this is happening? Work arounds? The previous workaround was to reformat the page in Acrobat to be 8.5x11, but in some cases that isn't possible (tab pages with printing on the body that isn't 0.5" from the left edge).

Can you provide more information about your setup?
    - What printer and Fiery model and version do you have?
    - What version of CWS 6 are you using?
    - Are you using JobMaster to convert the pages to tabs? Or are you using Mixed Media in Job Properties to assign tab media to the pages?
    - Can you provide a sample file that can show the issue?

3 x Fiery FS150 Pro and 2x FS200 Pro. 150s are attached to Ricoh 9110s & 7110X, 200s are attached to Ricoh 8220s.
    CWS 6 most recent updates (problem has existed since we first installed 6 a month ago. We've had 2 CWS updates since then I believe (one earlier this week). So currently all are on 6.2.0.133 SP1.
    We're converting pages to tabs. As it isn't file specific (every file I've tried has the same result), I'm including screenshots showing the issue for 9x11 pages (on 8.5x11 pages, it works fine, but with the design in these samples, cropping the left side to remove 0.5" clips the art and makes it appear uncentered).
    In Acrobat: https://cecdoc.sharefile.com/d-sb9339af0eba468b9
    In JobMaster, no setup yet: https://cecdoc.sharefile.com/d-sbc935f9aeee419cb
    In JobMaster, converted to tab (no shift): https://cecdoc.sharefile.com/d-sed6c73bf4f54234a

If you look in the left panel in JobMaster even after converting to tab, there is text visible that should be on the tab.
    Last edited by cecprepress; 06-08-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Anything? This is KILLING production.

Hi cecprepress,

I understand that the problem is demonstrated in the file "JobMaster, converted to tab (no shift)". In this particular example, you have instructed JobMaster to not shift the image by .5" so that the tab ear text is preserved. If you would send me two things I would like to look into this.

1. JER (Job Error Report) file for the job "JobMaster, converted to tab (no shift)". (to capture JER first reproduce the problem, save the job back to the server, then select the job in CWS, Ctrl + Right click the job and you will see the option to save as JER file)
    2. Original PDF file

I assume you see the same result regardless which engine (9110, 7110X, and 8220) you use?

Thanks
    Mark

Yes, we're seeing the same behavior on all presses.
    https://cecdoc.sharefile.com/d-s3ac115288324dae9

New tab related problem today as well - 8.5 x 11 tabs are showing as clipping in JobMaster too. I can select 'scale to fit' prior to converting to tabs and still see all the text, but converting to tabs breaks that. Possibly related to the other issue.

UPDATE: Even typing the text into tabs in JobMaster (new file created in CWS, not from an existing PDF) the tabs are very low on the bank and 2 lines, 10 pt font, descenders get clipped. Again, this was not the case in 5.8. Is there somewhere I can adjust the margins that show in the tab stock setup in JobMaster?

+ Reply to Thread