+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS6 can't set defaults same as presets (no warning, just automatically deselects)

Default CWS6 can't set defaults same as presets (no warning, just automatically deselects)

We're running Ricoh 9110s and 7110s with FS150 Pro FEs. I set the color management defaults as we want them for the majority of our jobs and all seemed fine. However, when results were odd, I checked and the defaults that were saved changed from what I had selected. I corrected and resaved. When I checked again, the settings had changed again. It seems I can't have 'Use Embedded Profiles' checked AND 'Spot Color Matching' checked in the defaults. I CAN do it on job presets/individual jobs, just not on the system defaults.
    Is there a reason for this, or is something not working correctly?

Thanks,
    Rick

Not expected behavior.

Can you tell us which version of CWS you are using?
    Also can you give us exact steps to reproduce?

Thanks,
    G.

This has been happening with all versions since upgrading to CWS6. Currently on 6.2.0.133 SP1.
    Here are the steps:
    Right click the press, select 'Set Defaults'
    Go to the Color section
    Check 'use embedded profiles' for both RGB and CMYK
    Check 'Spot color matching'
    Click Ok. No warnings or errors, window closes.

Go back into 'Set Defaults' and look at the settings you just checked. If 'Spot color matching' is checked, the 'use embedded' boxes will be unchecked, or vice-versa. If you re-check the ones that are no longer checked and click OK, when you reopen 'Set Defaults' again, the opposite box/boxes will be unchecked.

I do get the same results if I go the long-way via Device Center, Color, Set Defaults as well.

If you can't recreate, perhaps there is another setting I use by default that is causing the issue. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Rick

Hello Rick,

When setting these defaults, are you selecting the Lock button next to the chosen settings?

Can you set the required selections, then "Lock" them? If you do this step, will the settings hold?

Regards,
    Charlie W

Locking those options after checking them does make them stick. Interestingly, the 'use embedded' boxes will stay checked if I leave them unlocked but lock only the spot color matching option.

UPDATE - CORRECTION:

Set defaults DOES hold onto the settings when only locking the spot color box (use embedded boxes checked, but not locked), however, when I drop a job into the queue it clears the 'use embedded' boxes and the defaults uncheck at the point as well. So, all 3 boxes are checked and locked now. That does seem to stick.
    Last edited by cecprepress; 06-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.

We're looking into it. Glad to see you found a solution.

We've found a fix, it will be included in our next sustaining release to be posted in our download center in a few weeks.

G.

Thanks for the update!

+ Reply to Thread