+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS 6.2 still not sorting profiles.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default CWS 6.2 still not sorting profiles.

Big disappointment here. I been begging for this for years. After seeing FCP 5 now sorting calibrations I was hopeful that CWS 6.2 would have the profiles sorted.

I sure hope this gets added sooner than later as it is a major time waster hunting profiles when they are in no specific order. The only real option to save time is to create Presets for each paper/profile combination.

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

You know, you'd wish EFI would have a webpage where all users are given a hundred beans and they can punt those in any amount they want towards any possible features listed. How about that for figuring out what the users want?

Fully concur. That being said, you need to call in to your OEM tech support and ask them to submit a feature request to EFI. It may help.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Whoa here!

I just noticed that CWS 6.2 on the Windows DFE that the Paper Catalog in Job Properties is not being sorted. Let the bitching begin on that one!

On the other hand CWS 6.2 on a Mac client, the Paper Catalog is still sorted.

Looking into the paper catalog thing now Doyle.

Default Workaround for you

Hi Doyle,

Firstly I have your feature request to sort profiles, it's a reasonable request. Can I assume alphanumeric order is your preference?

Secondly for your paper catalog problem, we have a workaround.

First open Job Properties, and under the Paper Catalog selection click the 'Select...' button.
    This will open the list of paper catalog entries, where you can sort by name or any other paper catalog field such as paper size, color, etc. Let's assume for now you wanted the entries sorted in alphanumeric order, so click on the name column header to sort the list.

Now close the Paper catalog window by clicking OK, and then close Job Properties. Next time you open Job Properties the Paper Catalog pull down selection will now be sorted in Alphanumeric order, no need to click the 'Select...' button again.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    G.

Ok that works thanks.

Now to the profiles sorting, yes alphanumeric order would be fine.

+ Reply to Thread