+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I share templates for two machines using two different Fierys?

Default Can I share templates for two machines using two different Fierys?

I run both Xerox V3100 and V180 machines and I would like to know if I am able to setup imposed templates on one machine and use them on both machines? I setup the templates for use with our Duplo slitter/cutters.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

Can you be more specific in what you are trying to do? Generally speaking the Imposition template should be created on the Fiery that it will be used.

Thanks
    Mark

Mark,

I setup templates on our v180 that are imposed and has registration and bar codes for our Duplo to read, score and cut. I'd like to only do this once, so I'd like to know if I can create templates on a server or a folder that I can pull templates from for use on both the Xerox V180 and the Xerox V3100, otherwise I have to setup the same templates on each machine.

Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

There is no export or import function supported for Impose templates. You could try manually copying the Impose template from one server to the next. The Impose template (.dbt file) can be found on the hard drive at “C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\Documents\impose\template\”

A couple words of caution… First, Impose may use some device specific information to generate the layout. If you move the template from one server to the next you could see different results. Second, not all Fiery servers support the same Impose features. If you want to try this then create the Impose template on the earliest generation server and move it to the newer generation server(s). Never go the other way!

You may be pleased to hear that with the latest release of CWS (6.2) Impose includes a new feature, “Duplo finisher layout import”, that will greatly reduce the setup time to create Impose templates for use with Duplo cutter/slitters. Duplo will soon be releasing a new version of their PC Controller software that will have the capability to export a finisher layout file. You will be able to import the Duplo layout file in EFI Impose and all of the required Duplo settings will be set automatically. If you're interested in learning more about this feature please take a look at the CWS 6.2 what's new document: https://www.efi.com/library/efi/docu...n_us.pdf?la=en. Then ask your Duplo reseller about the availability of the latest PC Controller software for your specific Duplo finisher.

Best Regards,
    Mark

Thanks for the Info Mark, very helpful!

+ Reply to Thread