+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virtual Printers on an IC-417 printing to BizBub c2070

Default Virtual Printers on an IC-417 printing to BizBub c2070

Hi,

We had a BizHub c1060 running an IC-415 with virtual printers and hot folders. Never had a problem.

We upgraded to C2070 running an IC-417 v2.0 with virtual printers and hot folders.

I exported the workflows from the IC-415 and imported them into the IC-417. My hot folders work fine. PDF gets dropped in, everything works.

However my Virtual Printers are not working right. When I try printing to them from my Mac's, they don't honor the workflow settings. I've tried creating new ones, locking settings, nothing seems to work. Using print presets on the Mac's are NOT what I want to do especially since it worked with my IC-415.

What exact settings are you using?
    You said "they don't honor the workflow settings", even with a new virtual printer setup. What exact settings are you using?
    What is the expected output, and the output you are getting?

Simple things. Like just printing B&W.

Expected output would be a black & white print, It comes out color.

OK well I'm going to take a guess that maybe it's the printer setup on the Mac.

You need to specify the exact Virtual Printer name as the queue name in the LPR port setup on the mac, and it's case sensitive.

See example below.
    I created a Virtual Printer called Calendar_A4 to print to a printer called alcatraz, and set it to grayscale, and locked the grayscale setting.

In my mac IP settings, I need to enter Calendar_A4 exactly in the queue name, otherwise the jobs will go to the default queue (which is set to color). It's case sensitive too, so CALENDAR_A4 or calendar_a4 won't work here.

Could that be it?

Name:  VirtualPrinter_MacAddPrinter.png
Views: 51
Size:  64.0 KB

+ Reply to Thread