Thread: Xerox Versant 3100 Spot Color Matching not working

Hybrid View

Default Xerox Versant 3100 Spot Color Matching not working

I am looking for a bit of help with a new install of a 3100 with external fiery;

3100 brand new
    EX fiery fs200 pro (all patches)
    All add ons enabled (compose, impose, etc)
    All windows updates
    CWS 5.8

Issue appears when attempting to alter a Pantone (1375c in my testing but it makes no difference as none work) the spot color library will accept the change, And I can verify it by printing the neighbor pattern. However when it comes time to print the document, the color does not alter.

I have verified that spot color matching is on in the properties and have verified that the document does contain a Pantone call out. The other thing I checked was taking the document to our demo room and walking through the same steps on out 180 external. When testing on the demo floor machine I have 0 issues with the Pantone pulling the newly “corrected” color

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Are you sure you are using for the job the same output profile as the one you edited the Pantone numbers in?

Doyle,

I think I may be confused, in the spot color library I will pick a Pantone and alter it (just for testing purposes) if I leave everything else in its default status the machine will not print the updated color.

if I do the same process at a different machine (pick a Pantone and change it) it does work as expected.

is there an alternate method for attaching a altered Pantone color to a output profile?

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

It easy enough to check. Just saying default status does does not necessarily mean that the profile you used for the spot color edit is the same as the print jobs output profile. Is it or isn't it?

I double checked, and I did verify that the spot color is the same as the jobs output profile.

Another way to try to diagnose the issue if you have the package that includes Image Viewer you can check the numbers of the spot and see if it changes.