+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xerox Versant 3100 Spot Color Matching not working

Default Xerox Versant 3100 Spot Color Matching not working

I am looking for a bit of help with a new install of a 3100 with external fiery;

3100 brand new
    EX fiery fs200 pro (all patches)
    All add ons enabled (compose, impose, etc)
    All windows updates
    CWS 5.8

Issue appears when attempting to alter a Pantone (1375c in my testing but it makes no difference as none work) the spot color library will accept the change, And I can verify it by printing the neighbor pattern. However when it comes time to print the document, the color does not alter.

I have verified that spot color matching is on in the properties and have verified that the document does contain a Pantone call out. The other thing I checked was taking the document to our demo room and walking through the same steps on out 180 external. When testing on the demo floor machine I have 0 issues with the Pantone pulling the newly “corrected” color

Doyle is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Are you sure you are using for the job the same output profile as the one you edited the Pantone numbers in?

Doyle,

I think I may be confused, in the spot color library I will pick a Pantone and alter it (just for testing purposes) if I leave everything else in its default status the machine will not print the updated color.

if I do the same process at a different machine (pick a Pantone and change it) it does work as expected.

is there an alternate method for attaching a altered Pantone color to a output profile?

Doyle is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

It easy enough to check. Just saying default status does does not necessarily mean that the profile you used for the spot color edit is the same as the print jobs output profile. Is it or isn't it?

I double checked, and I did verify that the spot color is the same as the jobs output profile.

Another way to try to diagnose the issue if you have the package that includes Image Viewer you can check the numbers of the spot and see if it changes.

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Okay, so what I'd do is setup a new document in ID and only add a rectangle with a spot. Choose the worst color in the universe: PANTONE Orange 021 C. And try with such a reference document. Also, here's a video I did a long time ago: https://youtu.be/N5ucSs4oGeY caveat: only works on graphics and not images, and if you have a transparency on top sometimes it can confuse it: try to flatten your pdf down. Let us know!!

For edits to work, you must specify in Spot-On, [i.e. Device Center>Resources>Spot Colors], the same output profile that your job is using. I know you wrote "I double checked, and I did verify that the spot color is the same as the jobs output profile." As I do not know how, let me suggest the following checks:
    1. For your tests, directly choose the same output profile in your Job Properties and in Spot-On ("Properties" button towards the top of the screen). The automatic profile selection by the print option <Output Profile: "Media-Driven Profile/Use job settings" is not obvious.
    2. Color Names are space and case-sensitive. Make sure to type the color name exact same way. Note that DragonLeaves correctly spelled "PANTONE Orange 021 C"; tweiss8 wrote "Pantone 1375c"; the correct spelling is PANTONE 1375 C. As tweiss8 also wrote the document prints with Spot-On edits applied on a different Fiery, I assume the job correctly specifies the color.
    3. You might be editing a color whose name is present in many color groups. When processing jobs, the Fiery searches for a match from the top toward the bottom color group. Move the group containing the color you have edited to the top of the list. A color name can be used by many groups, but only once in a given group. Placing your own group at the top will help if multiple instances are present.
    4. Use the "Find" button in the Spot-on tool bar to search for your color name. Does it find it? More than once?

I am not aware of cases where this fails... Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread