+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac Fiery Option

Default Mac Fiery Options

What's up group! We recently upgraded our Mac folks (all in Sierra 10.12.6) to the 2.1 Fiery driver for the Xerox Color C60/C70 color printer from the 1.0 driver. (XC_EX_C60_C70_2.1_FDE51_v2 and XC_EX-i_C60_C70_2.1_FDE51_v2. sorry little behind here!). And in doing so, some of our folks are seeing the Fiery options in the dropdown and some are not. the ones that are not get a generic Printer Features. Yet, when you select this Printer Features option you have to manually go through each and every dropdown item to get to where you want to be in the driver. Really bad! We tried reinstalling the driver and choosing replace in the drivers install setup, didn't help. and we also tried using the uninstaller included in the installer. Still didn't help. Any ideas why some of our folks are seeing the Fiery option and some not? See screenshots.
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by monaronyc; 04-24-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Is there a manual way of ripping out the driver and then reinstalling it? Maybe the uninstaller leaves something behind to cause this problem. thoughts?

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Yes, there is a Fiery Uninstaller that's part of the download when you download drivers from efi.com. That's worth trying, in order to scrub the previous driver from the system before attempting another reinstall. AFAIK, it should leave nothing behind.

Clicking on the "Printer Features" selection in the top screen shot brings up a generic presentation of the PPD, when of course what you want is shown in the second screen shot, "Fiery Features."

Worth noting -- though I know this is not the point of your inquiry -- the Two Way Communication button should checked on, to inform the Fiery client print driver of your printer's hardware features. It may take a moment, with this on, for the Full Properties window to appear, but any conflict messages you need to see while setting up a job would also pop up as they occur. Worth having on.

But yeah, use the Fiery Uninstaller to clean the system up good of vestiges of the last failed driver install. Then restart the Mac for giggles, and reinstall the driver.

Something to try before you uninstall and reinstall, would be to install the following update from EFI's Download site.

Download Center - Support & Downloads/Application Software and Tools/Fiery Driver/

Mac OSX Fiery Driver Certificate patch 1.0

Oh wow, okay great! Thanks guys! We'll definitely try these steps. To tell you the truth, we rarely go into the Fiery drivers settings. So if you can think of anything else we should be enabling in here, let me know! I didn't know about this 2 way communication setting. But we'll try it if It'll help with color and application compatibility. I'll let you know if we're successful.

+ Reply to Thread