+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CW6 keeps crashing, even after reinstall

Angry CW6 keeps crashing, even after reinstall

using Command Workstation 6 and never have a problem with it. Ever since yesterday, it now crashes each time I open it. There have been no major computer changes or upgrades since then so Im not sure what is causing it. I removed and reinstalled it using the Fiery Software Manager, restarted the computer, etc... and it still wants to crash every time I open it. Any suggestions?

Please let us know which operating system (OS) you are using, also which version of Command Workstation you're trying to install.

I would suggest removing Command Workstation (CWS) via Fiery Software Manager, and then removing Fiery Software Manager itself as well. Effectively remove all EFI software then try a clean install of CWS, the latest version.

As I don't know what OS you're using I can't provide instructions.

If you still have a problem, also let us know what happens when it crashes. Any message on screen? Do you see the crash reporter screen come up and offer to send a report? Screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Please let us know which operating system (OS) you are using, also which version of Command Workstation you're trying to install.

I would suggest removing Command Workstation (CWS) via Fiery Software Manager, and then removing Fiery Software Manager itself as well. Effectively remove all EFI software then try a clean install of CWS, the latest version.

As I don't know what OS you're using I can't provide instructions.

If you still have a problem, also let us know what happens when it crashes. Any message on screen? Do you see the crash reporter screen come up and offer to send a report? Screenshot?

Im using CW6 on Win10, and whatever the newest version the software manager downloads for me. Ive only tried removing CW but Ill try removing everything now and start from scratch. My Remote Scan still connects and works though. And I dont get any errors when it crashes. Just the popup saying it will send crash info to EFI if I want and to then relaunch

Well tried a complete removal and reinstall of all the FIery items and the software manager and CW6 is still crashing on me on startup each time. It just goes straight to the "Well...this is awkard" message saying CW has experienced a problem and had to close.

In addition, I tried is all again but this time deleting the saved preferences while uninstalling. This time I was able to finally open CW once I reinstalled it. I added one printer, everything seemed to work ok. Added a 2nd printer, it was also ok but then it crashed again soon after adding that 2nd printer, no clue why. Now its back to crashing every time I open CW. I want to try deleting the preferences file if that is possible to see if it has something to do with adding that particular printer. Which file would I delete?

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by VicoDrive; 04-19-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Hi VicoDrive,

Could you please answer a couple of questions?

1. What specific version of CWS 6 are you using? 6.0 or 6.1?
    2. When the crash occurs, you should see the EFI crash reporter appear and prompt you to submit a crash report. Have you been submitting the crash reports? It includes information which can be used to further investigate the crash.

CWS 6.2 was released this week. You may want to go to try it. It's available on the EFI download website.

Thanks
    Mark

Same here using CWS 6.2.0.30
    Mac OS 10.13.4
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller
    CWS 6.2.030 (Installed on Rip)

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4
    Pc's Windows 7, Windows 10

Vicodrive and direxiondm

Would you both be open to a webex with our engineers?

If so, let us know when would be a convenient time (and timezone) for a meeting. We'd like to get to the bottom of your problem. direxiondm your profile shows as Netherlands, is that correct?

Also if you're seeing the crash report screen (says Well...this is awkward) can you submit the report, and add in your email address to the report? Then send me a private message with the email ID you used, so we can match up those reports to your issue.

Appreciate your help,

Greta.

no problem. i already sent the crashreport tomorrow ill note the id

contact me for webex
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4

Update on this thread

direxiondm
    Our engineers had a webex with direxiondm last week, and discovered a few particular jobs showing the issue. We have collected the jobs for further investigation internally. My info shows that if the folder with those jobs is removed from archive manager then the crash does not occur.

Vicodrive
    We are still yet to hear back from you, and I can't see any crash reports from you on our server. Can you update us and let us know if you are still seeing a problem? Also put your name in the email field if you submit a crash report? We are still open to a webex when it suits you.

G.

Default Great Service

After a webbex we did solve the issue. Great service!
    Konica Minolta C2070P
    EFI Contoller

Workstations
    Apple Macs OS 10.13.4

+ Reply to Thread