+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CPS 5 Inline Device Support?

Doyle is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default CPS 5 Inline Device Support?

What inline devices are supported? From the latest release notes it appears that it might be in Express Profiler only.

In Calibration will inline devices be supported?

I have demo running on a MacBook Pro and the FWA of the Versant 2100 is not listed.

I don't what to install the demo on the Server to test since I will need to update the SMSA.

So is there more documentation some where as to what inline devices are supported and by what modules?

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

I saw support for the Iridesse FWA. In any case why would you ever want to calibrate with a blunt RGB scanner when you have a spectrophotometer???

Doyle is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Actually in practice I have found the FWA to be more consistent for calibration than ready the small (use the large patch setting) patches on one sheet of paper. Now for creating a output profile I would not want to use the FWA. The biggest issue with using CWS for calibration you a forced to use the exact same size of paper that the calibration was initially created with. That is one reason it is nice to use FCPS for calibration.

Hi Doyle.

I am checking. The FWA may be supported for calibration but we would not recommend it for profiling.

I'll let you know what I find out.

~Lou

Default has to be on server connected to engine to see option

Doyle, as Lou said it is supported for calibration but would not recommend for profiling. You can test on CPS 5 in demo mode without updating your FSMA if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Hi Doyle.

I am checking. The FWA may be supported for calibration but we would not recommend it for profiling.

I'll let you know what I find out.

~Lou

Quote Originally Posted by nealfaub View Post
    Doyle, as Lou said it is supported for calibration but would not recommend for profiling. You can test on CPS 5 in demo mode without updating your FSMA if you want.
    This is wrong information the V2100 FWA is not listed.

+ Reply to Thread