+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery print queues and virtual printers not visible in Devices and Printers

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Default Fiery print queues and virtual printers not visible in Devices and Printers

On the Fiery itself -- an IC-313 v2.0 -- I had just created a virtual printer, so I went to Devices and Printers to show the customer the shared printer they would be connecting to. Only it wasn't there, as weren't the print, hold, or direct printers, which are published in Fiery configuration (I checked). Similarly, printers are not visible when I type a UNC into a File Explorer window, although folder shares (Mac User Software and Windows User Software) are visible.

I checked and changed some sharing settings in Windows, to no avail.

When I return to the site next week, per my EFI guy's advice, I'll check to see if SMB printing is turned on. But wouldn't that be turned on by default? (This is a brand new Fiery.)

Help please! Thanks,

Steve

Looks like you will be reinstalling the Fiery.
    If the default queues are gone, only sure way to restore is to place back an image or reinstall.
    Do check if the queues are activated.

John

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Closing the loop here: SMB (Windows) printers was disabled. Enable that, and all the shared printers appear.

+ Reply to Thread