+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verify Module in CPS

Default Verify Module in CPS

Kind of puzzled by this. Using CPS 4.9.4.28

When running the Verify module, and comparing to G7 grayscale, a reading may fail, yet all the columns with the Delta E readings are green with "OK".

However, if I create a custom reading using the same parameters of G7, and then read the patches, it will have what appears to be "the way it should be" indicators: Green/OK for pass, Yellow/OK for pass, but getting close to failing, and Red/Not OK for a patch out of tolerance.

I'll attach a PDF since that will visually display what I'm referring to.MGX_F_1_18_Verify.pdf9110C_Soporset_03112018_VERIFY_Fail_NEW PROFILE_CustomNoChangesToTolerances.pdf

Default Re:Kind of puzzled by this

You're right, I can see how this can be confusing.

The green by each measurement means it is within your tolerance for Maximum CMYK ∆E. The G7 criteria use combinations of patches to determine gray balance and tonal aims for K and CMY, so even though all the patches may be within a certain ∆E when we look at sets of them for gray balance or tonal aims they can fail.

Let us know if you need more information.

~Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    Kind of puzzled by this. Using CPS 4.9.4.28

When running the Verify module, and comparing to G7 grayscale, a reading may fail, yet all the columns with the Delta E readings are green with "OK".

However, if I create a custom reading using the same parameters of G7, and then read the patches, it will have what appears to be "the way it should be" indicators: Green/OK for pass, Yellow/OK for pass, but getting close to failing, and Red/Not OK for a patch out of tolerance.

I'll attach a PDF since that will visually display what I'm referring to.Attachment 1961Attachment 1962

+ Reply to Thread