+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Printed job doesn't appear in printed queue when processed and printed in CWS

Default Printed job doesn't appear in printed queue when processed and printed in CWS

When we instaled xerox (versant 180, fs 200, cws : 6.1.0.179)...printed jobs appeared also in printed queue. At once this stopped. We checked our settings - we have following options on....: printed queue save printed jobs and we have number 50 at jobs saved in printed queue) When we print file for a second apears a number on the left menu in printed and suddenly disappear.
    When we print direct from application (as Arobat reader. Indesign....) the printed file appears in printed queue.

This is our fifth XEROX, we see this problem for the first time.

Fiery Command WorkStation : 6.1.0.28
    Calibrator 2 : 2.2.1.1
    Control Bar Builder : 1.2.00.13
    Image Enhance Visual Editor : 2.1.0.0
    ImageViewer : 3.1.0.1
    Impose/Compose/JobMaster : 4.10.0.12
    Job Properties : 3.1.0.5
    Preflight : 1.6.0.5
    Raster Preview : 4.10.0.12

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

It could be because you are doing Print & hold. Import the job to print Queue and check, printed jobs will be seen in the Printed tab.

If you do Print & hold, job will printed and save in held tab in ripped/processed state. And it will not be seen in the Printed tab.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Thanks for your answer

I allways import job, the press HOLD. When i have job in HOLD I do all the settings and then press process and hold.
    When it is ripped I press PRINT.
    This way job used to go to PRINTED QUEUE, but not anymore.

Now It tried the same, but instead PROCESS and HOLD, i tried to press PRINT, but the job doesn' go to PRINTED QUEUE.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

When you Print the job, was it in spooled/Processed state.?

when you perform process & hold, print & hold, or print a previously processed job, the job with raster stays
    in the Held queue, and no additional (duplicate) job is created in the Printed queue

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ranjitha; 03-23-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Hi,
    This is the expected behavior with newer Fiery servers, and I can suggest a workaround.

The reason this happens is because we wanted to stop automatically duplicating jobs on the Fiery server. In the past, when you applied process and hold on a job, it showed in the Hold queue. Then when you printed the job, it stayed in the Hold queue and also appeared in the Printed queue, duplicating the job on the Fiery server. We made a change so that when you print the process & held job, it stays in the Held queue instead of being duplicated in the Printed queue.

To continue to see a list of all printed jobs, I'd suggest creating a custom view in CWS6:
    In the Printed queue, add the column Timestamp Done Printing
    Click on Advanced Search (the drop down triangle to the right of the Search field)
    Leave everything blank except for the Timestamp Done Printing. Set the Timestamp Done Printing 'From' field to a date in the past (maybe a year back?); leave the 'To' field blank (or press the Clear button to clear it).
    Click OK.
    Click the Save Search link next to the Search Results
    In the Save Search dialog, save the search as a View (all jobs) and name it whatever you want
    In the list of queues/views in the server pane on the left, select the View you just created.

This will now show you all the jobs that have printed on the Fiery. The jobs that are in the Printed queue will show a status as "Printed" and will be automatically deleted in turn, and the processed ones in the Held queue will show a status as "Processed".

Hopefully this will work for you; let me know if you have questions.

-Mike

Thank you very much for your answer. Printed queue was very usefull for us, because sometimes we used to print larger jobs partly (ecc. 100+100+100...prints)...in held queue was shown only the last time in printed queue was shown how many times was prited..so we could controlled it. It was on xerox c60...when it was more difficullt to print duplex on stronger materials and we had quite often jams. In printed queue we saw if we printed enough copies)
    Thans

Default I'm having a very similar issue.

Occasionally we need to reprint a job, or part of a job, which we do by going to the Printed queue and doing a Process and Hold. An issue we’ve had, though, is if the wrong job is selected and subsequently deleted from the Held queue, it is then lost. Is there anything we can do so printed jobs can continue to be accessed in their original form even after they have been preprocessed? Thanks. Fiery System FS200 Pro Command WorkStation 6.1.0.28

+ Reply to Thread