+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please recommend: i1io2 or x-rite isis?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Default Please recommend: i1io2 or x-rite isis?

Hi!

I'm thinking about automating my linearization and profiling workflows, mainly for my Fierys using CPS (but also using ColorGate) because manual scanning using my ES-2000 takes to much time ;-)

Now I'm wondering if I should buy an i1io for my existing ES-2000 or rather try to get an isis. I would prefer measurement accuracy over speed ... if that matters.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Default RE: Please recommend: i1io2 or x-rite isis?

We'd recommend the isis for precision. Better yet the EFI ES-6000 which is based on Isis 2 but also has a network port. On the network it can be shared with all fierys and client workstations on a subnet. It also will license CPS for the whole subnet. Targets for ES-6000 are printed with barcodes so the device knows which copy of CPS to send the measurements to. See the product brochure here <http://www.efi.com/library/efi/documents/596/efi_fiery_es6000_ds_en_us.pdf>

~Lou

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Lou, thanks for your valuable feedback. Always highly appreciated. I didn't have the ES-6000 "on the screen" but I'll ask my dealer for a quote ;-)
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Sorry to bump this again. I've seen that the KM FD-9 also seems to be an interesting alternative. Are there any thoughts on using an FD-9 with CPS?
    I've read that there are/were some problems with network connectivity and custom paper sizes. Has this been fixed? ;-)

Default RE: Please recommend: i1io2 or x-rite isis?

Good question, I didn't think about the FD-9. We do support it in CPS.

Its a great device, faster and to be honest cheaper than ES-6000. I find it pretty reliable on USB. Network is a bit hit or miss depending on your OS and network topology. Definitely has to be on the same subnet to license CPS as with ES-6000. But there is no memory on the device so you can't share it in the sense of having multiple workstations use it at the same time.

We will support the sheetfeeder for this device which is pretty cool but costs 2x what the device does. With this option, you can measure 100 sheets at a time.

To have charts automatically recognized from the sheetfeeder by QR code means you need to run a network server software KM provides which CPS will support on Windows only in CPS 5 (due out next month).

~Lou

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Default CPS5 eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    CPS 5 (due out next month).

~Lou
    So the cat is officially out of the bag.
    Now, please do spill some beans for us!!!!

Okay, the FD-9 looks nice but I don't really see any benefits in contrast to the Isis2 for my workflow. And as I don't really need network connectivity, the ES-6000 is also out of my sight.

Can anyone tell me if the isis2 also supports control strip verification in CPS' Verifier module? I mean, is it possible to scan a proof Image with an embedded control strip?

No, you can't measure a verification target using either isis or FD-9 unless you cut it out. This is a good task for your about-to-be-put-on-the-shelf ES-2000.

If network is not needed FD-9 is the winner for speed if nothing else.

~Lou

Not just the cat, the software itself is now out of the bag. Make sure your SMSA is current to license it before you download it and can't run it. Check your license by entering the spectro serial number used to license your CPS here: <http://activation.efi.com/cps>
    Get CPS 5 here: <http://www.efi.com/marketing/fiery-servers-and-software/downloads/fiery-cps/>

~Lou

+ Reply to Thread