+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xerox C60EXi 2.1 -> OSX 10.13 -> CUPS -> Defaults -> fail to honor output profile?

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Angry Xerox C60EXi 2.1 -> OSX 10.13 -> CUPS -> Defaults -> fail to honor output profile?

If you drop a pdf in CWS it honors whatever output profile you set as default for the Fiery. If you print from a mac it doesn't. You have to manually drill in and select the output profile. Every time. It's killing us. If you try to set the default in cups, no luck there either.

Second Level Support is telling me working as intended and I beg to differ.
    All jobs are processed by the Fiery.
    If the Fiery has a profile you told it to use as default, and you didn't select any output profile in your job ticket, it bloody well should honor the default profile you gave Fiery ... wherever the job comes from.

... right?

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 4.26.23 PM.png
Views: 108
Size:  98.5 KB

None of the options in that dropdown in CUPS worked.

Can someone please help???? This is costing too much time.
    Lou Prestia maybe, Mr. St-John? Anyone????

Thank you kindly!!!

HI Dragon Leaves, we have to take a look at this as I have not had it reported before. We'll come back to this during the week. Can you tell me all the details including Fiery model, CWS version in use, driver version, and anything else you can think of that we will need to try to reproduce this? Thanks.

~Lou

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Thumbs up Solved

Thank you for your reply!
    I had painstakingly forgot to assign it to a media range.
    So yes, you can assign a default profile, but of course you also have to assign that profile to some media ranges as well.

Once I assigned it to 'any' then it kicked in.

Rather embarrassed...

Don't be! Glad you got it fixed.

~Lou

+ Reply to Thread