+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JobFlow can't print from network drives?

Default JobFlow can't print from network drives?

According to the documentation, I should be able to print documents located on network drives using the .csv based JobFlow.

The problem may be my syntax, as the error messages seem to indicate that my files can't be found.

Does anyone know the correct syntax?

Is it:

\\{server name}\{folder name}\{filename} (This is the correct way according to the documentation)

or

{drive letter}:\{folder name}\{filename} (This doesn't seem to work either)

I've also tried removing all spaces from the folders and filenames with no difference.

Here's the error message I get regardless of syntax whenever the file resides in a network folder instead of my local machine:

"Error! The following file(s) or folder(s) do not exist: \\{servername}\Marketing\2018\kpeter\keller williams\Angie Todd\Flyer_1page_goodreasonstobuy_angela todd_11224_oo.pdf"

I've also attached a sample .csv file. (I've changed out the servername to say {servername})

Flyer_1page_goodreasonstobuy_angela todd_11224_oo.zip

Thanks!

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Did you remember that the Jobflow service might run under a different user account? I'm quite sure that's by default and therefore network credentials might be an issue. I'm also quite sure that mapped network drives aren't available for regular system service accounts.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Thanks for replying. What solution are you proposing. What steps can I take to troubleshoot or fix this? How would I know if JobFlow has the necessary permissions?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I would suggest that you open the services panel (just execute services.msc) and seach the JobFlow service. There you can see the associated user account. You might be able to either change it to an account which has the appropriate credentials (maybe a domain account?) or grant job flow's current user account the right to access your network ressources. Using a mapped network drive would require further steps which might be a little bit complicated.

So I would try the above steps. But be warned: I've never done this for myself. So there might be a chance that you break everything :-(
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread