+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impose defaults to saving flattened pdf

Default Impose defaults to saving flattened pdf

Hi, I have an FS-150 Pro with system software 1.21 SP1 connected to a Canon C750. When the user imposes a job it defaults to saving a a flattened PDF. He has another Canon C700 with a G100 that defaults to DBP. Any suggestions why the FS-150 might default to flattene PDF? Using CWS 5.8.0.74

Quote Originally Posted by dwells4487 View Post
    Hi, I have an FS-150 Pro with system software 1.21 SP1 connected to a Canon C750. When the user imposes a job it defaults to saving a a flattened PDF. He has another Canon C700 with a G100 that defaults to DBP. Any suggestions why the FS-150 might default to flattene PDF? Using CWS 5.8.0.74
    There are a few reasons which I'm aware that this would occur.

The most likely reason would be that the FS-150 Pro is configured to "Use Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred as default for PDF jobs". This is a server option that can be set differently for each Fiery server. You can find it in Fiery Configure > RIP > APPE. If this option is enabled (checked) then Impose will generate a flattened PDF file.
    Name:  APPE_default_pdf_sm.png
Views: 87
Size:  14.0 KB

The other though less likely reason could be the use of Japanese style trim marks. Use of these trim marks on the FS-150 Pro results in Impose forcing the job to be saved as a flattened PDF.
    Name:  J-Marks.png
Views: 89
Size:  13.1 KB

The last reason is that you are saving the job to a local folder (instead of your Fiery's Held queue).
    Name:  Save_local.png
Views: 84
Size:  6.3 KB

Best Regards,
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread