+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DUAL IP setup

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Default DUAL IP setup

hi
    we are installing an altalink Xerox C80xx with an EFI connected to it
    in normal process, the xerox gets an ip 100.100.100.x
    but then some EIP applications on machine are not working, since they need special ports, like 9191 and etc ...
    in fiery TCP IP filtering, i dont see an option to add custom ports, is this possible?

so, is it possible to attach the xerox with an hub or a second patch, and get an network ip like 192.168.0.10
    and fiery 192.168.0.11
    if the xerox is directly attached to a lan or hub, how can you tell the fiery to forward the jobs to 192.168.0.10 ?
    or do you need configure the HUB after the fiery?
    so patch to fiery , fiery to hub , hub to xerox and path ?

can some explain me?

also i remember older machines, EIP apps are working, was it with old fierys that ALL ports were filtered and now just a list ?
    thnx

thnx in advance

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Could you please try the following:

1) Please do system updates and make sure all available patches are installed in the Fiery
    2) In Fiery Configure set SNMP security level: Minimum and SNMP write community string name: private

If you still face any issues, please provide details of the EIP application and Fiery server configuration sheet.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Last edited by Ranjitha; 03-02-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

hi,

thnx , i already changed those settings, but the EIP applications are on specfic custom ports, so i think they are not allowed by FIERY?
    but i resolved it another way
    seems when you attach the xerox the first time directly, the machine is getting an 100.100.100.x address, as expected
    once the fiery know the xerox, you can direct attach the xerox to the network and give it an ip address from the network
    seems the fiery still sees the xerox on the switch

so both xerox and fiery do have an network ip
    this is the best situation, so for example , if the fiery stops or crashes, the machine will still work, because network is completely seperate

+ Reply to Thread