+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto Calculate Number of Sheets

Default Auto Calculate Number of Sheets

Hello Everyone:

Is there not a setting on press to automatically calculate how many sheets are needed for the number of final copies you need produced?

For example, if I have a business card that requires 50 cards and using 21 up imposition.

Is CWS 6.1 not smart enough to know that I need 3 sheets without any human intervention?

Thanks

Hello JimelM,

If you are using Fiery Impose there is a feature which you may be interested in trying out. It's called "Best Fit for Gangup Repeat" and has been available since CWS 6.0. It allows you to specify the layout sheet size and the number of finished products desired (in your example it would be 50). Fiery Impose will calculate the max number of products that will fit on each sheet. Fiery Impose then will calculate and set the number of copies needed to hit the total.

Regards
    Mark

Thanks Mark I know of that feature but it requires human intervention. Is there not a way to apply that feature to an imposition template so that it does it on its own when a biz card lands on the press? Automation is impossible without such a feature.

Hello JimelM, if I may I would like to see if you're interested to do this via Fiery JobFlow, our PDF workflow. JobFlow uses the same Impose engine as Fiery Impose but is able to apply quantity for the business cards. We do need to somehow understand what that quantity for instance from reading it from the file name. Feel free to contact me directly at hans[dot]sep[at]efi[dot]com so we can guide you getting everything setup.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow.

+ Reply to Thread