+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Configuring HD controller

Default Configuring HD controller

Hi,

We have a Fiery Server Model MXP-01 (P/N 45005151) - when powering up we are getting a "Configuring HD controller..." message and it stay on the screen. if we hit reset its stuck at "loading..."

Have no knowledge of this product - in place since probably 2004 and this is the first issue we've had.

Any help resolving this issue would be appreciate ??

Thanks in advance,
    Mark.

Hi, I connected a screen to the server and once it goes to "Loading..." I get a Boot Failure error message on the screen

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device
    Press any key when ready

Really need some help - big order waiting to print. Any suggestions appreciated

MArk

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

I guess it could be because of Hard Disk issue. Could you please check the hard disk connections(remove the cables and connect it back) once . And also check if there is any USB device connected to the Fiery.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Thanks Ranjitha,

Got into the restore option and got it back up and running so HD ok but...

Getting a "network controller error" on the printer - told I need to install a patch via the CWS. I think I have the right patch but I cannot get into NT to run CWS.

Do you know how I can get into NT ? Have a screen attached of course.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again,
    Mark

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Could you please provide more details:

> Does patch is in .exe or .ps format.?
    > Provide printer & Fiery server products details
    > Does Fiery Server is connected to the network and is it connected with Monitor?
    > What is the status in the Fiery

if you have CWS installed in any of your PC , connect to the Fiery Server(using ip address) through CWS and import the patch (.ps) file to the direct Queue and then reboot the Fiery Server

If it is an .exe file run that .exe file and follow the instructions on the fiery patch downloader.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Hi Ranjitha

> Does patch is in .exe or .ps format.?
    ps format

> Provide printer & Fiery server products details
    Fiery X12 , DocuColor 12

> Does Fiery Server is connected to the network and is it connected with Monitor?
    Not connected to network - connected to DC 12 via two cables. Yes, VGA connected to Fiery

> What is the status in the Fiery
    Status "Idle" on server
    "network controller error" on DC 12

OK, this is where I'm at now....

- restored Fiery X12
    - "network controller error" on DocuColor 12
    - installed CWS v5 on Win XP (XP mode on Win 7) and can connect to Fiery X12
    - have 1-56cts patch to hopefully fix "network controller error"
    - PS printer install using EX12 WinXp print driver
    - sent PS file to printer (import into CWS and print) but have error - see below
    - test page from PS printer not printing - see below

Am I wasting my time or can I get this working ? What am I'm missing ?

Hi,

Thanks for all the details.

From the above details it looks like error is while printing test page from Printer driver. Could you please check this in Job log and confirm whether the error is for test page or for the patch(.ps) file

If there are any jobs in Printing Queue please cancel all and make sure Fiery is idle then through CWS-> Import the patch(.ps) file to the Direct Queue(Make sure the print status in Job log for the .ps patch file is "OK") then reboot the Fiery server.

Note: This seems to very old product and i am not very sure about this. But you can try the above steps and see.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ranjitha; Yesterday at 10:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread