+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Hot Folders on FTP?

Question Fiery Hot Folders on FTP?

Hi all,

I was hoping I could ask if someone has ever created a F.Hot folder on an FTP. The reason I ask is because we have an assortment of F.Hot folders built for different jobs and would like to essentially plum our W2P products into these folders. The workflow I have in mind would be something like described below;

Customer Order > PDF Generated > Notification Received from W2P Sys. > File Downloaded Automatically to FTP F.Hot Folder. > F.Hot Folder applies Impo and Properties > Process & Hold for operator.

This has probably been done before but being fairly new to F.Hot Folders leaves me needing to ask the question. If anyone can assist me with this I would very grateful.

Regards,
    - B.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Beanie, not directly using Fiery Hotfolders which run over smb - but we have setup filezilla server so the customer can accept external ftp connections that are encrypted - then filezilla ouputs the uploaded file out to your waiting shared Hotfolder wherever it is setup - works very well..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Or you could consider Fiery JobFlow Base ( the free version) and have it check the FTP location, download the job, impose it, set job properties and get a notification when it's done.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

+ Reply to Thread