+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Properties takes 2 minutes to load

Default Properties takes 2 minutes to load

Hi all. I'm hoping the community can help me out with a long standing issue.

We have a J75 printer connected to a Fiery controller and it has always been very slow to bring up the printer properties. It usually take around 2 minutes just to display and locks up the PC whilst it is waiting.

We have 8 PCs and they all have this issue and only with this particular printer. All other printers (including another fiery) work fine.

I've tried installing the driver locally after downloading it from the EFI site and whilst it finds the printer, installs and opens the properties up very fast, it refuses to print any jobs that are sent. They just sit in the local print queue and fail with a "Printing failed" error.

If I install the printer using the windows "Add Printer" feature, it does not auto discover the Fiery and I have to point it to the IP address. It does install the driver but then won't let me change any settings (for example, turning off bidirectional communication) in the printer properties and goes back to taking 2 minutes to load the properties when using the print dialogue.

It's getting pretty frustrating and I can't understand why it takes so long to load up the properties. It's a major delay in our work process and I would love to get this solved and understand what the problem is.

I should also mention that we are using Windows 7 Pro and have a 1GB network with a good switch and sub 1ms latency across the network.

All comments much appreciated!

Hi mattltm,

It looks like you may be having an issue with the paper catalog.

You can try using cleanup.bat. Procedure is here. Be aware of the warnings.

If cleanup.bat doesn't work, I'll send you a PM with further instructions.

Thanks,
    l-

Thanks Laurent_h.

I take it that I have to run the cleanup.bat script on the Fiery controller and not on the desktop PCs?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattltm View Post
    Thanks Laurent_h.

I take it that I have to run the cleanup.bat script on the Fiery controller and not on the desktop PCs?

Thanks.
    Correct.

l-

+ Reply to Thread