+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: V180 first calibration newbie question

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

In testing I found it is not possible to export G7 calibration measurements and then bring them back in for a new calibration. It fiscally can be done but the output is way off. Something must be missing in exporting or loading the measurement in the new calibration dialog.

So I guess if I want to try G7 calibration with the ES-2000 and then use the FWA and create a profile on top of that I would at least have to do the initial G7 calibration with 1 copy.

Default RE: V180 first calibration newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Paul

What I have been rolling around in my head is to use the ES-2000 to do the initial G7 calibration and then create a profile which is my normal process. Then if possible export the initial calibration and then import that when making a new calibration in CSW. Would that be the same as duplicating the initial calibration, or is there another way possible, or should I make a new G7 calibration. Then I would use the second/duplicate calibration to recalibrate with the FWA of the V2100 and then make an output profile with CPS and the ES-2000 on top of the FWA recalibration.

I find your comment quite interesting about more consistent results recalibrating with FWA which is what I saw as well. There has been a huge improvement color consistency with software upgrades to the printing engine so I have not used FWA for calibration in quite some time as I have been happy with the results of the ES-2000. That was not the case when the V2100 was first released and I was using the FWA and getting more consistent results. I even figured out a way to create an output profile using the FWA calibration (only possible if you imported it) and then in the same process using the FWA for profile generation, but didn't think it was the best instrument to be using for profile generation.

My apologies to the OP if we have kinds stepped on your thread here.
    Hi Doyle. This is basically the same as duplicating the calibration set, and this won't work for an alternative paper. You'll need to make calibration (G7 or not) for each and then a profile. If your idea is to duplicate so you can re-calibrate with FWA a calibration set made with ES-2000, this should not be required.

~Lou

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Hi Doyle. This is basically the same as duplicating the calibration set, and this won't work for an alternative paper. You'll need to make calibration (G7 or not) for each and then a profile. If your idea is to duplicate so you can re-calibrate with FWA a calibration set made with ES-2000, this should not be required.

~Lou
    This won't even work for the same paper. You can not export the measurement from a G7 calibration and then import it and have the same results as the original. At least when making a new calibration set with the same paper. In the past this seemed to work fine with a non G7 calibration.
    Last edited by Doyle; 03-09-2018 at 05:59 PM.

If you haven't gotten a chance to do the Versant training yet, "Rautmann, Nancy" <Nancy.Rautmann@xerox.com> at Xerox would be able to help you set up what you need to learn for this series and the fiery items that go along with this machine. (She helps set up and run the Analyst trainings at Xerox.)

Additionally - I feel it is best practice to run the gradation adjustment on the machine prior to calibration. (Get your machine at optimum output before you adjust the software.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2