+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paper Profile Falls Apart After First Calibration

adause is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor adause is on a distinguished path

Default Paper Profile Falls Apart After First Calibration

So this has me highly concerned right now. I say that because I have been creating profiles for a few months and this is the first time I have noticed this.

So in short, I created a profile through FCPS for Classic Crest Cover Solar White, everything went well, printed a test sheet looked great! Ran the first two pages of my job (key here: without re-calibration through CWS) and it looked brilliant!

So just because I wanted to make sure since I would be doing this job again and because I wanted to be extra thorough, I went ahead and through CWS remeasureed this profile. That is were I have no idea what is going on.

Instead of the job being a cool neutral tone as it is, it turned yellow, or warm. Noticeably so I mean this isn't someone being overly picky at all.

So there is consistaency though. I created the profile twice and everything went the same as described above. Same results, looked great until I calibrated the profile in CWS.

I really need help here because this bug or whatever it is is not allowing me to have confidence in the profiles I am generating through FCPS.

Side note profile created for D50, No Max GCR, Optimized

Ricoh 7110x
    CWS 5.8.0.39
    Windows & 64-bit
    FCPS 4.9.4.28

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Why are using CWS for re-linearization? FCPS can do this also. I suspect you're mixing some instrument setting (maybe UV-cut and UV-included?).
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

I think Oxident has this right.

Please tell us what spectro you are using to make a new calibration and Profile in CPS (and on what settings). Are you using this same instrument to re-calibrate in CWS?

Thanks,

~Lou

adause is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor adause is on a distinguished path

So Lou I am using the settings we discussed a while back on another thread about profiling.

I am using the ES-2000
    With CPS I do the initial calibration at the beginning with M0.
    Then I switch to M1 for the G7 measuring and also when measuring the color patches that follow.

So as with this profile I usually if I haven't used a profile in a while will use CWS Calibration (using the drop down and choosing my profile) to get it balanced again or, linearize it I suppose.

BTW I always use the same Spectro when performing both tasks.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't drive CWS' calibrator the ES-2000 in ES-1000 compatibility mode while CPS uses it natively? Anyway, the default mode should be M0, anyway. Strange...

But again, have you tried re-calibration using CPS? Just to sort this out...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Yeah in total I made two profiles both return same results.
    Calibrated both profile 2-3 times through CWS to check to see if I saw a difference and other than shifting the color every attempt printed the same.
    So there is consistency as I mentioned but a break down when I use CWS to relinerize the profile when weighed against the output after the initial profile setup/calibration through CPS (again before the profile ever gets relinerized through CWS).

Sorry for rambling trying to clarify best I can.

If you are using ES-2000 to make an M0 calibration and then re-calibrating from CWS using the ES-2000 that is in M0 mode by default.

So I need you to try to make a calibration plus the G7 plus the profile all in M0 mode. Export the profile and save it, this will include the calibration set so we can look at it later. Make a print to confirm everything looks good. Now recalibrate on the same paper. Make a test print. Does it look bad? If so export the output profile again with a new name so we can look at the updated calibration set. Post both exported profiles and we will look.

If you can't reproduce the problem with you calibrate+ G7 + profile + recalibrate all in M0 mode let me know and we'll modify the experiment to get back to the failure you are seeing.

Also let us know what version of CWS you are using, and what patch pattern you are using both from CPS and CWS; also your Fiery and press model. Thanks.

~Lou

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

I am confused as I don't see why you are using CWP instead of CPS for re-calibration? Are the results different if you use CPS for re-calibration?

@Lou I will most certainly do this asap.

So I take it from Doyle's and Oxident's questions I am not supposed to use CWS to relinearize my profile. I mean why is it there then? I guess I thought it is the same when I go to calibrate my factory plain profile on my machine the same is being done for the user created profiles as well. If this isn't good practice I don't think they should show up there. Isn't this the purpose of managing you calibration sets?

I am really confused now if that is not the way to do it. I understand you can do it both ways but why is CWS not one of the options?

Don't get me wrong. There shouldn't be a problem when using CWS but it could be related to your spectro model. It would be a great way to actually test if there's a difference. I always used CPS for re-calibrating profiles I've also created using CPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast