+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jobs Disappearing On Their Way to Fiery

Default Jobs Disappearing On Their Way to Fiery

I apologize if this has been discussed before, I did attempt to search for a post but couldn't find find my problem. We have a Ricoh 5100 using Fiery Command Work Station 5. The issue we're having is that jobs are disappearing when sent by a couple of users in my department. They never show up in the queue in the workstation and they never print out. We discovered by accident that if we restart the Fiery, the missing jobs will show up and print out. I have talked several times to the Ricoh tech and he doesn't have an answer, so I thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone had any suggestions on how I can correct this issue. I should note that we did not have this issue until we moved into a new building, but it was a renovation and rehab of an old building so all of our networking is a brand new installation. I have no idea what happened when it was set back up in the new building because we weren't moved in yet when the printer was moved. Thanks for any help and I hope this all makes sense.

Nate,

If I understand you correctly, you are printing your jobs with a postscript print driver (file-print) and the jobs never make it to a queue in the fiery? Are you printing from Macs or PCs? If PCs, have you checked the print spooler on the PC itself? My hunch is that the jobs are hanging in the spool on the PC, and when you re-boot the Fiery, the spool is dumping them to the Fiery. I have seen this when SNMP is left on in the PC and fiery. I will turn it off in the PC driver and that usually clears it up.

Cheers,
    Shawn

Thanks Shawn. That's exactly what's happening. I will talk to one of the IT folks and see if we can give your fix a try. It's been really frustrating.

Unhappy

I also recommend turning off SNMP, and if still no joy try setting up the printer (in control panel) on the troublesome workstations to use a Standard TCP/IP port (LPR or Port 9100) instead of using point and print/smb connections such as pointing to \\Fieryservername\print.

+ Reply to Thread