+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use Job Defined Settings (CWS 6.1)

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Default Use Job Defined Settings (CWS 6.1)

Greetings,

Correct me if I'm wrong but in previous version the output profile dropdown defaulted to 'Use Media Defined Settings' which correctly picked up the assigned ICC profile given to a Paper Catalog media.

Currently it appears that the new default 'Use Job Defined Settings' doesn't do that.
    This is breaking and annoying lots of people.

How do I get the paper profile assigned to a paper catalog media to be used without having to go each time selecting it in the output profile dropdown?

Reference machine is a Xerox Versant 180 (FS200Pro).

Thanks,

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

That sounds like the same issue as this thread.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...output-profile

DragonLeaves is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor DragonLeaves is on a distinguished path

Default Greta? Anyone?

Hoping not to have to call in the hotline if someone here tells me "yeah, we know about this, its being fix yadiyadiya..." That'd nice

I've asked one of our Color gurus to answer...stand by

Cool Thank you Greta!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    I've asked one of our Color gurus to answer...stand by
    You are the best

Default Setting the “Server’s default” color output profile with CWS6

How do I get the paper profile assigned to a paper catalog media to be used without having to go each time selecting it in the output profile dropdown?

To avoid manually selecting an output profile for every job, you must set it as the default. Note that systems with gamut extending colorants let you set one default per (CMYK+) color mode.

How can I set the fixed output profile of my choice to always be used by default?
    Your preferred output profile must be specified according to the “Use job defined settings” rules.
    • For jobs using paper catalog:
    Do not modify the front and back color profile settings for your substrate. Otherwise, when not set to “Server’s default”, the specified profile will obviously be used.
    (Note: usage of Paper Catalog is mandatory with some Fiery servers).
    • For jobs not using paper catalog, or when Paper Catalog specifies “Server’s default”:
    Go to Device Center > Resources > Profiles > Output Profiles
    select your preferred output profile and associate it with (up to) all the available media types.
    (Note: the capability to associate output profiles and media is not offered on some Fiery models).

In CWS 6, can we disable the output profile option “Use job defined settings”?
    • For a given job, in Job Properties: yes.
    Just select a specific output profile from the list, instead of “Use job defined settings”.
    • For the system’s default: no. The output profile(s) you want to use by default must be specified in [Device Center > Resources > Profiles > Output Profiles]
    This is why the output profile section of the “Set defaults…” dialog of your Fiery displays this message “Use job defined settings” is always the default profile selection.

You may want to consult the Fiery Forums thread: Paper catalogue not associating with correct output profile
    (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...output-profile)
    in which I am describing the logic used inside the Fiery to decide which output profiles are used by a job.

+ Reply to Thread