+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paper catalogue not associating with correct output profile

Default Paper catalogue not associating with correct output profile

Hi, I created a paper catalogue for the majority of papers that we use. Currently we are using two types of output profile - either COATED or UNCOATED. In paper catalogue, I defined which types of paper should use which type of output profiles. However, when I import a job, assign it paper from paper catalogue (for example "200gr_EXPRESSION_GLOSS_COATED SRA3 White" and then I go to Color settings of the job, I would expect COATED output profile and calibration to be assigned to it? However, there is still the default value (which is UNCOATED).

See the 3 attached pics.

Name:  paper-catalogoue.png
Views: 39
Size:  50.4 KB
    Name:  paper-catalogue-2.png
Views: 38
Size:  32.2 KB
    Name:  paper-catalogue-3.png
Views: 40
Size:  51.4 KB

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

You have to choose "Use media defined profile". Set your Properties default to that and then when you make a selection from the paper catalog you should get that profile.

Hmmm, actually you are maybe right. I even have the default setting set to "Use job defined settings".

But I think EFI/Fiery/CWS has a bug in there, because if I do it like this:

1) import job to CWS
    2) go to properties and choose media from the paper catalogue
    3) go to color settings - just to confirm it picks up the correct profile/calibration... well, can't say about profile because there it still only shows "Use job defined settings", but at calibration I see it is picking up the wrong one (should be picking calibration for coated paper, but still picks uncoated). BUT!!! if I close the job properties window and open it again, the correct calibration is applied.

Now I wonder... do I have to close/reopen it every time for correct output profile/calibration to be assigned? Or can I trust it and not bother with re-opening even though it says wrong profile/calibration has been assigned?

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

They haven't fix that. I brought that to their attention back during the beta program.

+ Reply to Thread