+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data collection

MikkoS is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MikkoS is on a distinguished path

Default Data collection

How is the data collected by Navigator exactly?
    I'm curious since we needed to reinstall one of our fiery server and I'm still able to see data from era before that.
    So is the Navigator client collecting and storing data on it's own (I haven't been active on Navigator at all) instead of getting it from the server when logging in?
    I want to get my head around this so I can trust the data I'm able to read from Navigator.

Default Re: data collection

Hi MikkoS,

Please refer to the Navigator data flow diagram by browsing to efi.com/fierynavigator and clicking on the Specifications tab. On installation, the Fiery Navigator Client connects to the Fiery server and mines the job log for production information that it sends to the Fiery Navigator web services (the cloud). The Client continues to passively monitor job production information as well as live error and warning events. These are collected, sent to the cloud every few minutes, and stored for future viewing whether you are logged in or not. When you login to fierynavigator.ef.com, you will see the historical data that has been collected and stored automatically.

Thanks,

Andy

MikkoS is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MikkoS is on a distinguished path

Thank's for your answer,

That clears it out pretty well.
    So I can trust all the data being kept even if I need to reinstall my servers every now and then.

+ Reply to Thread