+ Reply to Thread

Thread: offending command: findfont

Default offending command: findfont

Dear All,

I have a pdf which cannot rip in IC-313 v1.2 and pop up offending command: findfont.

What's going on?

Thank you.

File can be downloaded:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Ad...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by penfill; 01-07-2018 at 07:07 AM.

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

First, the link you included was truncated and does not work so you may want to try again.

But more to the point, as is probably obvious to you from the error, its a font error. Your document likely used a font that was not included in the file you tried to process, and the font does not exist on the Fiery. To help narrow this down, did you create the document which would mean the font likely exists on your system but was not included in your print file, or was the file supplied to you by someone who used a font that does not exist on your system?

kmbs-dcd,

penfill had two posts, one with a working link to the file. I grabbed it and dug in a little bit. In acrobat, all looks normal. A single page 1.49"x.79" tag or label looking document size, all fonts are embedded, application from Indesign CC. Odd bits started from there. Creater was Creo Normalizer JTP? and when I took the PDF into illustrator for further dissection, after the usual font errors and such, I was looking at a 9.56"x11.41" catalog page with crops and bleeds. Nothing at all like what was in Acrobat. And no prompts for which page of PDF to open. Released all clipping masks and dug thru it a bit. I can find no artwork like was seen in Acrobat. Thats about the end of my skill set. Does any of this ring any bells for you? My guess is corrupt PDF? Created in a freak lab ala Dr. Frankenstine?

Cheers,
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by kmbs-dcd View Post
    First, the link you included was truncated and does not work so you may want to try again.

But more to the point, as is probably obvious to you from the error, its a font error. Your document likely used a font that was not included in the file you tried to process, and the font does not exist on the Fiery. To help narrow this down, did you create the document which would mean the font likely exists on your system but was not included in your print file, or was the file supplied to you by someone who used a font that does not exist on your system?
    Hi
    I revised the link. I am sorry.
    The file supplied to me by someone who used a font that does not exist on my system.

Hi Shawn,

Yes, I also dissected it in Illustrator; its original is a 9.56"x11.41" catalog page with crops and bleeds. The pdf was generated by Penergy so the PDF producer was Creo Normalizer JTP. I have tested the same pdf file on IC-417 v1.2 and IC-315 v1.0; everything is normal with no errors. I think it is because of corrupt pdf too; but how to explain the evidence which is shown on IC-417 v1.2 and IC-315 v1.0?

Cheers,
    Penfill

+ Reply to Thread